Wheel fitment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel fitment?

I have a 93 festiva with the stock 4x114.3 lug pattern. What is the largest wheel size i can run without any modification? And how deep can i get the rims any help would be great.. Thanks

Pm with answers plz

You can make it complicated or you can simply beg/borrow whatever rim you intend to buy and try it on for size. Especially with alloy wheels the rim profile can interfere with the front calipers no matter what the size.
    I think Sprint/Metro/Swift steelies from the 90s are a direct fit and they are 13s. Late 80s RX7s were 14s and also fit on Festys.
    I was amazed that standard early Rio rims fit perfect on an Aspire swap. They're 6 inch wide! When it comes to tires, if you're not looking to roll the fender lips or otherwise go to great lengths, keep under 175mm in tire width and 22 inches in tire diameter. Picture is of 21 3/4" diameter tires on 6 inch wide x 14 inch rims VS OEM Festy 145/80-12s.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok i would like to put 15s on if i can any idea on wheel brand or offset that i will need? Or how wide i can go/ tire size?

Comment

Gold Mine

Comment

factory 15" wheels from a Mitsubishi Lancer O.Z. Rally edition with 165/45/15 tires. I used 1/4" spacers in the rear but the car is otherwise completely stock. It obviously would look better about 2.5" lower though. lol
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

16x6 Honda Accord factory alloys with 195/40 tires. though i would recomend small spacers in the rear to help clear the strut.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I think federal also sells a 165 40 16 tire, Dustin has the link. That may be a bit harsh though, my 165/45 tires don't disguise bumps with much finesse.

Oh and I lied about the car being completely stock. I have a sweet truckstop vinyl steering wheel wrap. Adds 10hp!
              Last edited by Advancedynamix; 10-18-2012, 01:42 AM.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Ok thanks i am going to look into the lancer wheels see if i can find any decent priced. Would i be able to fit a 15x7 wheel with stock suspension? I also have lowering springs i would eventually put on

Comment

It depends on the offset of the wheels. Most of the info I've seen on here says to stay in the 35 to 38 offset.
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Now offset do i want + or - offse I'n wheels i believe there is both. Also 5x7 wheels seam a bit more common can i fit them if not how big of a spacer is recommended ? Would it be reasonable to then put a 165/45/15 or are there better options out there? Thanks for all the input

Comment

Good offsets range from around 35 to 45mm positive, with widths from 4.5" to 6", maybe 6.5".

Most stock 14" Miata wheels will fit onto an Aspire swapped Festiva with no problems.

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                        Now offset do i want + or - offse I'n wheels i believe there is both. Also 5x7 wheels seam a bit more common can i fit them if not how big of a spacer is recommended ? Would it be reasonable to then put a 165/45/15 or are there better options out there? Thanks for all the input
                        15x7" wheels won't fit a lowered festiva without adjustable coil over shocks and customized parts to allow for atleast 2 degrees of negative camber and lots of fender rolling I don't suggest cutting the fenders because it compromises the structural strength of the chassis ( in the rear mostly).

15x6 is a very common OEM wheel size, and OEM wheels are often much better quality than aftermarket wheels. Stay away from cheap wheels if you actually plan to drive your car with low profile tires. The reason I can stretch 165/45's on 7" wheels and drive the car like it's stolen is because it's on forged racing wheels with 700lb ( per wheel) load rating.
                        Also, the wider the wheel, the more apt it will be to bend.

Comment

Ok so looks like i am looking at 15x6 rims any idea on a tire size for them? A little stretch is what i would like. Or what is the common size ppl run on them ? Any recommendations for a decent looking wheel I'n a 15x6 ?
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                            factory 15" wheels from a Mitsubishi Lancer O.Z. Rally edition with 165/45/15 tires. I used 1/4" spacers in the rear but the car is otherwise completely stock. It obviously would look better about 2.5" lower though. lol
                            Drop the car? You know what, I think the car looks perfectly healthy as is. I'm not into the 'bagged suspension' look when it comes to utility and non-performance cars.

Comment

Believe it or not, but my lowered track developed Festiva is much more comfortable and easy to drive than my stock Festiva. Since I seldom drive in snow or in rough terrain all that extra suspension travel is wasted and just makes the car feel unstable. Tweak is easy to turn, stops on a dime ( even mid corner) and has no wheelspin or torque steer issues. I can't wait till I can put properly tuned suspension on Rosie. Don't have the time right now though.

Comment

Working...
                              X