suspension sag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension sag

the driver's front corner sits 5/8" lower than the left. I'm out of ideas.

replaced the strut, swapped springs, replaced the control arm, replaced the mounts. Any of you got a thought?
    "Nothing's gonna grieve us
    When we drive Festivas
    I could go a hundred miles an hour
    Long as I got the Almighty Power
    With my plastic Jesus
    Riding on the dashboard of my car"

did you spin the camber adjustment 180 degrees? (strut mount)

Comment

It's a ride height problem, rather than foot out/in trouble.

measures from the top of the arch of the fender to ground the Dfront is 5/8ths (0.625 in.) lower than measured from the same spot on the Pfront.
      "Nothing's gonna grieve us
      When we drive Festivas
      I could go a hundred miles an hour
      Long as I got the Almighty Power
      With my plastic Jesus
      Riding on the dashboard of my car"

Comment

there's 2 things you can try: move the battery to the RR corner of the car (this requires a relocation kit), or lift the LF corner till the suspension is in full droop and add hard rubber spacers to the lower and upper most coils of the spring. (a solid spacer between the shock and spring will also work but it'll be much harder to find one that fits the ID of the shock mount and OD of the spring)

the first option is free to try as you don't need to have your battery attached to see if the weight transfer works. in any case, i suggest that you ballast the car with something equivalent to ~70% of your body weight sitting in the driver seat when you take the measurements.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

spin the camber adjustment? how do you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by miami man
            spin the camber adjustment? how do you do that?
            the front strut mounts are a two position camber adjustment
            raise the car , take the two 14mm nuts off that will drop the strut assembly, then turn the strut mount 180 degrees and remount the strut.

should only be done if you are doing an alignment or you are using a camber gauge

Comment

Working...
            X