Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims Black Night Metallic, Restore Black Bumper Bondo

So a few days ago i picked up these from FlowmasterFestiva

Along with these, but thats in a little bit.

I was very pleased
    But not pleased enough. There was a bit of Gutter rash, curbage, and what not so my friend mike and i went over them. Sanded them, filled the deep gouges, primered, then painted them.

Heres the after.

So after the paint drys, ill be going from these.

to these

They will probably be on by Monday, assuming the weather is good. Also i painted the center caps, but haven't taken the tap off yet.

Then, since i was in a working mood i did this. I purchased this on Amazon a while back, finally got around to doing it.

Before

After

Before

After

Ill post more pics when the struts and lowering springs are on, along with the rims.
    91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Can't wait to see them installed, everything looks great, nice job
    Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
    Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
    Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
    WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Nice job on the wheels man! Color choice is EPIC!
      88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
      92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
      91 - Shell with title
      92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

Looks really good! Good job sir!
        1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
        1991 Manual Ford Festiva
        1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

Looks great!
          Real quick, what are the specs on the tires and wheels?
          I'm looking into upgrading to low profile tires without increasing/decreasing my overall wheel diameter. Looks like you found a combination that would work.

Comment

that restore black stuff doesnt last to long it will fade again. When it does buy a can of krylon fusion spray paint.
            2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 (Wifes)
            2002 Ford Excursion (Family Mobile)
            1988 Ford Festiva LX (Mine)

Comment

14" Motegi racing MR7 14x6 with Toyo Proxes T1R 195/45/14

After putting that goo on for the bumpers I came to the same conclusion. So probably next year near the end of winter they will be taken off and painted.

The rims overall dia is just about spot on for the stock rims. Im happy I wont need to adjust my speedo.
              91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by pointA2B View Post
                that restore black stuff doesnt last to long it will fade again. When it does buy a can of krylon fusion spray paint.
                heres one I recently saw on tv.....and the review of it...looks promising

The makers of Wipe New claim “one easy application makes your vehicle look showroom new”, We wanted to find out if this is indeed the case.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I was considering buying those struts and springs. Glad they are being put to goo use. The wheels look nice all painted up. The restore black seemed to work a little better on the front bumper.
                  -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                  Random Festiva Parts
                  Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Will you be removing the pink stripe as well? If so, this will help! You might be able to find it cheaper, but I know a few members who have used it to take the pinstriping off their cars, and it works well.
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Id like to remove the Pink and White stripes. I believe it will clean up the side of the car nicely. I tried removing them a while back, but it didn't go so well. There stuck on there pretty well.

Comment

No Photobucket joy! Is anyone seeing the pics now?

FWIW, I'm pretty happy with the Restore Black I used about a year and a half ago.

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Ill do a test picture to see if its just photobucket.

Next project id like to tackle

Comment

So for whatever reason that pic works, ill just repost the pics i already did.

Before

After

before

after

Comment

Your after pic is the same
                              91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                              14 C7 Z51

Comment

Working...
                              X