No announcement yet.

KIA RIO brake parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someday I'm doing the later Rio front knuckle/brake swap on AquaMutt, my work car. Going to Miata solid seven spoke 14" wheels and 185/60s and for winter, 14" Miata Daisies with 175/65 snows. The snows I have now have been wonderful, and absolutely necessary!

Looking forward to your Rio front swap, Darren!

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 02-08-2014, 03:55 PM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

most of you will say it's too much over-kill in putting 4-pot mazda calipers on a festy, but after rolling my ex-BP/festy four times at around 130mph on stock brakes and those little 12" tires, (absolutely no traction at that speed=1 week in hospital=no bueno ) I am just a tad paranoid about my brake/wheel/tire combo now!!
      Darren Sehnke

Comment

i'd be more than a tad bit paranoid being your passenger.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988lx View Post
          ...130mph on stock brakes and those little 12" tires...
          How well does your straight jacket fit?

Sent from my SPH-M930
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

12" tires are scary! I have out braked numerous exotic supercars with aspire front brakes, stock rear drums miata m/c and booster, ate super blue and PFC pads. The 10" brakes would be nice on the street, but if you want to fit real tires under a festiva without major surgery, you have to run 13x7 wheels. What's really funny is that the calipers on a gt3 rsr Porsche cost more than a festiva sold for brand new, yet that car must brake earlier than a well set up festiva.
            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-10-2014, 09:37 PM.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

LOL! my wifey says that's now the reason she DRIVES beside me in the car stomping the floor yelling "Stop! stop! stop! there's a car right there!"
              She also makes sure my straight jacket is on good and tight every morning before I leave for work! !D

seriously though, I think i'll be able to run aftermarket 15's but definitely not 14's or 13's when I'm done modifyling. (I have also ran 195/65/15 EGT alloys in the past)
              fyi, for suspension, I just used aspire springs and struts all the way around. (cut/re-welded the rear spring perches to clear the 15's...DON'T TRY AT HOME!!! )

Out of curiosity Advancedynamix, what "major surgery" would be required?
              Darren Sehnke

Comment

Working...
              X