wheel tire combo advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel tire combo advice

sup everybody. i havnt been on here very much lately but still in the game and have both my funboxes

heres my question. i need a good tire for my 13x8 diamond racing wheels. i have been searching for 13" tires and the sizes seem scarce. i want to have some stretch to the tires but not to extreem i dont want to be riding on sidewall, just enough for some style to it and to help with any fender rub ill run into. im not the most savy when it comes to tires so if anyone has any advice on what to get that would be great.
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...135&sowigan=So OR http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.p...135&sowigan=So
    Last edited by FestYboy; 12-03-2012, 06:58 PM.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

185/60 or 175/60 for a little more stretch and a smaller sidewall. I have 175/60 in my sig pic.
      what offset are your wheels?
      Last edited by BUSTIVA; 12-04-2012, 04:45 AM.
      '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

at this point i dont know what the offset is. the wheels came with the car, i bought it from silv3rbull3t off the site but i dont think he is here anymore. he used the car to autox and would run slicks on it, wheels stuck out good but didnt interfeer with the sispension as far as i know. did you have to cut
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Wow, eight inch wide wheels beg for at least a 195 or 205 wide tire. There may be some 195 or 205 sixties still around to buy, but they'll be getting rare.

Those wheels were made for race rubber sizing!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Here are the wheels and car...

You are going to have a hard time finding wide/low 13s that aren't race compound.

And since no matter how much you stretch your tires, or roll your fender, nothing is going to fit under your fenders with that offset and width.

I had to cut my fenders and flare them to fit 8in 0 offset with 195s

Stretched tires that don't fit under the fender will look dumb, and defeats the purpose of stretching. Since they are gonna poke I'd go with 205/60s or 215/50s if you can find them.

This miata has 13x8 0 offset with 185/60s

Here is a 215/50

Here are some 205/60 on 13x8

Thats a pretty tall tire though...
            Last edited by BUSTIVA; 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM.

Comment

first off - 175-60 is tits

second - yes sir that is the car and wheels but the tires did not come with the car.

its the bp swap brown one in my sig.

found this on tirestretch

and ill need the stretch like this for clearance
              Last edited by bobbyspider; 12-04-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Finally someone that undestans the reason for stretching lol. :thumbs_up:

Comment

absolutely bro i love the way it looks and its actually functional as well .... within reason that is. i dont know why people beat it down. im gonna get a roof rack next and go balls out euro ... i dont know about all that

Comment

Working...
                  X