front knucke & rear hub questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front knucke & rear hub questions

Has anyone compiled a front knuckle list with matching spline count ect... for swapping out breaks and what I know there is a list compiled (http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...azda-Brake-FAQ) but it has no mention about Knuckles or rear hub compatibility that would bolt to the stock festy rear axle Please help!!!

Mercury Capri and BF chassis Mazda 323 front knuckles as well as Kia Rio and Ford Aspire. Nothing directly swaps to the rear without changing the beam or fabrication that I know of.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

We need to have info like this ALL IN ONE PLACE, like a spreadsheet that can be downloaded.

Not only what non-Festy parts fit where on Festies, but part numbers of new parts that fit that don't come up when McParts stores look up something. I remember when I had my Amphicar that I had to buy parts using numbers I got from the guy who bought the remains of the factory. It was not uncommon for, say, a Mercedes dealer to look up something with a number I gave him and tell me "It has no listed use, but we have 17 of them on the shelf that you can buy." The 3,800 Amphicars were produced from a hodgepodge of parts from all over Europe, including a TR-4 engine. Things like ball joints were the same as on old Mercedes models.

BTW, I talked to "the old guy" at a local NAPA store recently when buying LCAs (they had two in the local distribution center) about when NAPA is going to ditch the Festy. His response was "Never. It will be when our parts-making suppliers decide it's not worth it anymore and THEY decide to stop." If all the stores use the same suppliers (which I would think is likely), then we may find some morning that EVERY store has stopped offering a given part, at least until their invetory is depleted.

I'd really like to stock up soon on critical parts (think things like $10 "brake little parts kits") to keep my "fleet" going for another decade or more.

I know this has been discussed a bit elsewhere.
      Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 12-08-2012, 11:42 AM.
      88L black, dailydriver
      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
      4 88/89 disassembled
      91L green
      91GL aqua pwrsteer
      92GL red a/c reardmg
      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

front knucke & rear hub questions

Originally posted by AlaskaFestivaGuy View Post
        We need to have info like this ALL IN ONE PLACE, like a spreadsheet that can be downloaded.
        Why? So all the newb's can ask questions to which the answers are already provided? If people actually did research, spreadsheets wouldn't be asked for

But if you could hook a printer to my head on all the things possible to a festiva......

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

what years of kia rio and 323s work
          Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          Mercury Capri and BF chassis Mazda 323 front knuckles as well as Kia Rio and Ford Aspire. Nothing directly swaps to the rear without changing the beam or fabrication that I know of.

Comment

Damkid,

No, so people do NOT have to ask questions and/or do all the research themselves.

I spent several hours last week reading through years of posts on this site regarding sway bar to radiator bushings. I think (but I'm not sure) that the only real source is in Australia. I was NOT able to come up with anything conclusive regarding rear beam attach point bushings.

It would be so nice to be able to go to a single online reliable source for this kind of info, where the info has been verified or could easily be verified by other members.

Also, I have my own paper files of info I've gathered during my 12 years of Festiva ownership, most of which I've never posted as individual posts to make available to others, but would add such a master spreadsheet, or cross-check my info against what others put into the master list.
            88L black, dailydriver
            88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
            4 88/89 disassembled
            91L green
            91GL aqua pwrsteer
            92GL red a/c reardmg
            3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
            1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              Why? So all the newb's can ask questions to which the answers are already provided? If people actually did research, spreadsheets wouldn't be asked for

But if you could hook a printer to my head on all the things possible to a festiva......

It would work just like the sticky about no /low heat. I have seen that question asked about 6 times in the 8 months I've been on the forum. I feel sorry for people who have been on longer.....
              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

When the production stops companies such as RARE PARTS may buy all the remaining inventory they can find, usually at a discount because
                parts stores need to clear obsolete parts so that inventories and computers are happy. These same companies will then keep selling parts but at
                a higher rate, much larger mark up than normal.

The more we find new parts from other sources the better, rio parts, parts from Phillipines and other counties the better.
                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post

Not to be a complainer Damkid but #1 I'm not a noob check my join date(just because I'm a junior member dose not make me a noob) #2 I did the research (since i joined in 2010) and there was nothing definitive and or complete that I found in one single post and I just wanted to crosscheck with a active member & have a definitive answer before I went and spent money for parts that I wasn't 100% sure on.

Comment

Last edited by 90-666; 12-09-2012, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post

Thanks for the help

Comment

so the BH Mazda front knuckles won't work???????? (1994 - 1997 Mazda 323/Protegé)
                        '90 L-Plus 420,000 miles , rusting hard and going to the chopping block

'97 Honda CR-V , 91,000 miles and just starting its journey

Comment

Working...
                        X