14x7 rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14x7 rims

I have these 14x7 rims and wondering if 195/45/14 tires can be mounted on them. checking around on this site I see that 5, 5.5, and 6 inch rims are being used for these tires but no mention of 7in. Can they be mounted on 7 in. rims? If so does any one know the width of these tires. I would like to put these on my 90 Festiva,( stock suspension) but I thinking that maybe 7 in. rims would be to wide. I plan on converting to studs and lugs, and using wheel spacers,but before I spend the money for the tires, studs,lugs, and spacers I would like to find out if these rims and tires would be to wide to put on my car.

All of the pages I've seen say that the ideal for 195 width tires is 6"-7"

So you should be fine as long as the backspacing on the wheels lets the tire clear the spring perches.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Thanks for your input. I think I'm going to have a problem clearing the spring perches but wouldn't you think if I add a spacer I should be Ok? As long as the spacer I use isn't to thick.

Comment

I be concerned the wheels would stick out of the wheel wells. I have 14x6 and they are just inside the wells, I would have to look at the clearance on the spring perches.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

I did mount a rim without a tire on the rear. Although it did not rub or hit anything, it was really close. I'm afraid when the tire is mounted I will have a problem. I don't see anyway to correct this but to add a spacer. As far as the front is concerned I don't know if I'll have the same problem.

Comment

Spacers should be fine. I use spacers on my track wheels because the rears rub on the perches. I wouldn't go above 10mm.
            OX SMASH!!

Comment

Not real good with metric. what's 10mm in standard?

Comment

Just over 3/8"
                OX SMASH!!

Comment

1 inch = ~25mm so 10/25... -Kyle
                  Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Thanks to all for your help and info. Now the search begins for spacers that will fit on a festiva. I guess I'll try some auto parts stores and speed shops in the area. Since I'm sure I will install spacers on the rear, should I also use spacers on the front just to keep things even?

Comment

Working...
                    X