Got me some daisies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me some daisies!

Picked up a set of miata rims with rubber yesterday for the festiva. They are plastadipped satin black, mint condition. Pretty stoked, although now I need to do an aspire swap lol. Kinda a kick in the pants since I just did brakes and wheel bearings all around...meh w/e. Oh yeah, and I got them for fifty bucks
    93 festiva-Tremclad med blue,manual,no carpet,no back seat,ready for the snow!
    96 mustang gt-burnt orange/gold with a black hood,manual,bullitt 17's,magnaflow cat-back,short throw shifter,Cai....project

Re: Got me some daisies!

Awesome! I wouldn't push for the swap unless you really want to. I do suggest that if you can afford it, you pick up the rear beam (full assembly, drum to drum, right rubber brake hose and e-brake cable all the way into the handle) when you can. The Aspire is the only source for that setup and it seems that the junkyards won't keep anything over 15 years anymore. Otherwise, use what you've just installed!
    Last edited by DriverOne; 01-23-2013, 07:56 AM.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Don`t worry, it will get the full aspire swap. Not really too worried about the cost of the stuff on the festiva, aspire brakes wheel bearings etc. can`t be too much more.
      96 mustang gt-burnt orange/gold with a black hood,manual,bullitt 17's,magnaflow cat-back,short throw shifter,Cai....project

Comment

The unfortunate thing about Aspires (and Festys for that matter), just as DriverOne suggests, is that the recyclers crush these cars as fast as they get turned in. Festy nuts have so far discovered that early Rios are also a great source for 4 x 100 'vented and floating rotor' brakes and front hubs but there is no direct substitute for Aspire rear beams at this time. I don't think Aspires were ever common, either. Advancedynamics has managed to convert Festy rear wheels and drums over to 4 x 100 but this modification is not 'over the counter-simple' I would think.
        Slowly start looking, when you do find one the entire car will often be cheaper than gathering parts off it. I managed to track down a fellow here that (much like Festy owners) had stock-piled 3-4 wrecks in order to keep his one DD on the road. Trouble is/was he was loathe to part with anything at the time. Ultimately I wound up going to Montreal in order to scoop up a running and perfectly serviceable 4 door auto Aspire. Seeing as it had new winter and summer tires, new battery and all new brakes the $500 I spent wasn't all that bad, plus I got a lo-mile B3 out of the deal.

Comment

Yea , I'll just keep looking in the wreckers and on kijiji.

Comment

Working...
          X