240sx Coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx Coilovers?

Just looking at photos they seem pretty similar to the mk2s that some of you guys are running. Think it's possible these could fit?

Mk2s

240sx S13s

If anything they are maybe too short and too wide...but just looking at the pics they look similar...at least enough to where they could maybe be modified to fit.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

...yeah, definitely thinking the backs are too short. The fronts might be pretty close though.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts

Comment

s14 are much longer, i have heard 6"in the rear compared to s13.

i have some gab sport s13 ones i'm gonna put on my corolla.i don't own a festiva yet but they seem larger in diameter compared to what I've seen for festivas

ill measure and get back.

Comment

Cool. Was just something I was thinking about as a set showed up on a local CL for the 240sx S13 and I noticed from the pics they seemed pretty similar. Then someone on FB brought it up and I figured I'd come to the forum and see what the consensus was
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts

Comment

the bottom style will not work.... where would the axle fit lol... other than that they look ok...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

someone needs to get a AGX catalog and just read the specs. I would not want a strut from a rear wheel drive car due to the damping is probably different due to the weight transfer of a fwd car vs a rear wheel drive car. So look for something similar in a fwd car. Call kyb see if they can give you a catalog. I was sent them a email with the specs and asked if they had anything similar. there response was it would be un safe to put anything other then what the factory recommends, they would not help me =(

Comment

Re: 240sx Coilovers?

I have mirage agx struts in the back of one of my stivas.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
              Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Originally posted by shorestiva View Post
                I have mirage agx struts in the back of one of my stivas.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
                And I've seen people (FloydianComplex I believe) put the Mirage struts up front too!
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

agree on the fwd vs rwd dampening.
                  its more of a "i got these for a dollar and mine are Blown" type of scenario

sometimes you can find just s14 rears but the rates are usually insane like 10k/8k for drift setups

gabriels online catalog does at least show dimensions of all their products

Comment

Originally posted by Mandalore View Post
                    agree on the fwd vs rwd dampening.
                    its more of a "i got these for a dollar and mine are Blown" type of scenario

sometimes you can find just s14 rears but the rates are usually insane like 10k/8k for drift setups

gabriels online catalog does at least show dimensions of all their products
                    Agreed. The Mk2/3 VW stuff is dampened and sprung highly enough as it is.
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

I was at the auto show this weekend and Chevy had a display for the sonic, there struts look very similar to festiva, I didnt have anything to measure with but maybe check the local auto part store?

Comment

the bottom bolt spacing for the hub looks to big to me...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

What's wrong with the mk1 vw coils? Raceland carries them.
                          1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                          2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

No one said there was anything wrong with them. Never hurts to have more options. Though it looks like the 240sx ones won't work..
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts

Comment

I want something thats affordable and that i can adjust the dampinening. Cant adjust the racelands.

Comment

Working...
                              X