Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a straight answer on strut tower braces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a straight answer on strut tower braces.

Do any of you Festiva wizards know of a source for front and rear strut tower braces that will work with little to no modifications?
    1989 Festiva L Carby

Straight answer is nope. It'll be DIY or a custom fabrication job unless you can find an old FMS one for purchase or reproduction.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Wow that was an amazingly fast reply.... like 30 seconds after my post. Thanks for the reply.
      1989 Festiva L Carby

Comment

Re: Need a straight answer on strut tower braces.

i made my own... works like a charm

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

NA Miata will work with a little tweaking for the front, i've only ever seen custom units in the rear.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The one I ordered was a blox adjustable for a miata, however I received a non adjustable bar that came packed with Toyota miata on the plastic bag it was wrapped in. I had to enlarge the holes on the strut mounting point and had to do some minor bending to get it to fit. Once I get a welder I'll make a custom 3 point that bolts to the firewall.

Comment

Should I assume early 323 strut bars will not fit? for example, all the bars on ebay...
              1989 Festiva L Carby

Comment

Originally posted by darkfact View Post
                Should I assume early 323 strut bars will not fit? for example, all the bars on ebay...
                Good question. I've been wondering this myself.
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Does a bf 323 use a similar strut mount? If so i would assume an adjustable 323 one would work. I know kio rio's use the same mount so if they make one for a rio that should work.

Comment

Need a straight answer on strut tower braces.

I'd say no they won't fit

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by darkfact View Post
                      Do any of you Festiva wizards know of a source for front and rear strut tower braces that will work with little to no modifications?
                      Folks that put faith in a piece of metal tubing and an offset piece of 'shelf bracket' don't convince me that braces are needed on a Festy unless you figure on building 200 hp and running this thing on a track for all it's worth. Simple gimmick that you can do without, is my thinking. But hey if 16 inch tires, strut braces and cut springs makes you feel good about fielding an otherwise OEM Festy good for you.
                      It's your car!

Comment

harsh dude!
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Leave the rear seat in and up. Assuming it's not one of the split fold seats, it will act as a weak strut brace in the rear, the difference is noticeable at the ragged edge before it loses it altogether
                          Owner of:
                          1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                          In progress:
                          BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

I'd like to stiffen the chassis as much as possible because I'm an enthusiast and enjoy spirited driving. Now am I mistaking your comment for disrespect?
                            Originally posted by Bert View Post
                            Folks that put faith in a piece of metal tubing and an offset piece of 'shelf bracket' don't convince me that braces are needed on a Festy unless you figure on building 200 hp and running this thing on a track for all it's worth. Simple gimmick that you can do without, is my thinking. But hey if 16 inch tires, strut braces and cut springs makes you feel good about fielding an otherwise OEM Festy good for you.
                            It's your car!
                            1989 Festiva L Carby

Comment

No disrespect at all, just another point of view from some one with years of experience..Speaking of your quote of Bert. Straight shot from the hip answer!

I think you could fab something that looks good with almost no mods to the car
                              just bolt in. Sometimes pics disappear because of photobucket acct's but I have seen
                              some cool looking braces. Maybe some can repost there pics here?
                              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                              X