15 inch wheels on festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 inch wheels on festiva?

I did a search, and couldn't find anything, found a couple 15 inch on aspire threads... but basically, with the bolt pattern on the aspire brake swap being 4x100, it opens the wheel options up a little more to my liking... also, going up to a 15 inch wheel open those options immensely.

My question is, does anybody do it? I know going to a 15 is a big jump on something like this, but with the knowledge that the brake swap opens the festiva up to basketweaves from an e30 (14s and 15s [if you're lucky])

image.jpg

I like the idea that it also allows for some other wheels that are 15"s....

What would the ideal offset be on something like this? I saw that on the aspire that it was recommended to stay between 38mm and 45mm offset, but is that the same on the aspire brake swapped festiva?

Here are a couple wheels from e30s specs:

14" bottlecap 14x6" ET33 14.8lbs all non-iS non-iX cars
    14" basketweave 14x6.5" ET30 14.3lbs all iS cars and some eS cars
    15" iX basketweave 15x7" ET41 ?? all 325iX models
    15" Euro basketweave 15x7" ET24 ?? optional on all euro cars

I just want to know that if you do the brake swap, are spacers needed to run the 14" bottlecaps? or if I could find some ix weaves, would they just bolt up? or is there going to be a rubbing issue?

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks

15 inch wheels on festiva?

I run a +38mm offset pair of 15x6.5. On stock suspension it only needs spacers in the rear. Lowered, fenders need to be rolled. 195/50-15 is what tire I use. I'm a fan of the old baskets weaves you should do it!
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

damn pretty car sir... mine wants to be like yours when it grows up... lol

I love the basketweaves, all the e30s I had I made sure either they were on there, or I five lug swapped them and had e36 m3 wheels (or BBSs, lol).

So if I lower the car (with one of the setups on here) the same time I do the brake swap and I were to run the 14" weaves with et30, would I need anything? same question for the 15" ix weaves at et41?

Thanks for the quick response by the way

Comment

I have 15s on the white car 15x6.5 running 195/50 pretty sure its 45mm offset. I run 1/4" spacers in the back slightly cut bottom perches and rolled fenders all around. Lowered and only have bout a finger of fender gap
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

ok... that sounds pretty doable... do you rub with that finger gap of room? because the ix weaves are 7 inches.... lol
          Last edited by 2ruble; 03-02-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ruble View Post
            ok... that sounds pretty doable... do you rub with that finger gap of room? because the ix weaves are 7 inches.... lol
            I would like to know as well. I am looking at some 15x7's and I would like to know ahead of time so I know what I am getting into.

Comment

Re: 15 inch wheels on festiva?

I've run 195/50's as well as 195/60's...they're not very practical. I only ran the 60's because they were snow tires. They did the job but rubbed a lot. I only ran those on the front too.

15's look good but 14's tend to be a lot more practical on these.
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

14s do seem more practical considering that's already a two inch jump from factory... it's just... I don't... I'm being whiney now... lol

a good place to see some pictures of 14s and 15s on festivas? I'm ok with getting 14s... as long as I can find the ones I want in 14s...

Comment

damn pretty car sir... mine wants to be like yours when it grows up... lol

I love the basketweaves, all the e30s I had I made sure either they were on there, or I five lug swapped them and had e36 m3 wheels (or BBSs, lol).

So if I lower the car (with one of the setups on here) the same time I do the brake swap and I were to run the 14" weaves with et30, would I need anything? same question for the 15" ix weaves at et41?

Thanks for the quick response by the way
                  Dang rite sonic is pretty ...

The only time I rub is with 3 peeps in the car and that is only when I hit a major major dip but if you read in my sig I am running modded stock Civic springs. I have the ability to make more if anyone is interested, they work very well and ride nice. Ill upload a pic of the gap later just took the pic with my phone. There are other suspension setups as well not trying to push anyone here I just trust what I made and have been through many different setups and landed happy here.
                  -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                  -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

I like tested suspension... I don't really need coilovers... but I would like it lowered a little... and handle better... but of course need the brakes for that before that becomes a concern... I'm not going to be tracking this car... I just want to add a little pep (five speed) and put some nice looking wheels with a litte bit better stance...

thanks for all the responses so far... and I appreciate a picture of your gap once up, lol....

so did you just use civic springs on stock perches? and then cut perch to fit rim? and by modified do you mean cut?

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                      I've run 195/50's as well as 195/60's...they're not very practical. I only ran the 60's because they were snow tires. They did the job but rubbed a lot. I only ran those on the front too.

15's look good but 14's tend to be a lot more practical on these.
                      Sorry for the double post but I'm on my phone and easier

Grey is rite on when he says 14s are more practical. I was running 14s before this setup and liked it, 15s kill your off the line acceleration and feel bulky unless your running a g series trans that is geared from stock fir 15sthen it feels well and doesn't feel like the car is working hard for it. I may just go back to 14s myself soon. Just my thoughts.

Comment

I like tested suspension... I don't really need coilovers... but I would like it lowered a little... and handle better... but of course need the brakes for that before that becomes a concern... I'm not going to be tracking this car... I just want to add a little pep (five speed) and put some nice looking wheels with a litte bit better stance...

thanks for all the responses so far... and I appreciate a picture of your gap once up, lol....

so did you just use civic springs on stock perches? and then cut perch to fit rim? and by modified do you mean cut?
                        Yes cut then flattened top coil with a torch to make it sit flat in the stock perch so not to damage it or come unseated

Comment

heres the pic not the best because its from my phone sorry. as you can see there is no sidewall damage and this is the front wheel

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                          Last edited by bobbyspider; 03-02-2013, 10:46 PM.

Comment

so being lazy and not going back to read the posts... are those 15s? and no rub? and it handles pretty well with those civic springs? and what shocks did you use?

sorry for all the questions, just like I said, it already feels decent, just want at little more stability, and the brakes are coming... so yeah...

Comment

i've got a set of 1991 STOCK Escourt GT rims and run 195/60/15's on my BP'd / stock "E" 5sp with FULL suspension swap. Including big sway bar, all 4 strut assemblies(which i replaced all with MONROE SENSA_TRACS), rear beam, etc......(no the springs arn't cut and the whole swap come from a 4 door auto Aspire) the only mods i have done are..1..I relocated the rear spring perches on the strut body (DO NOT TRY THIS!!!! IT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO WELD A PRESSUREIZED CARTRAGE!!!,...next time this will be done with adjustable coilovers for a honda)..2.. And i had to mildly roll the rear wheel arches, not to flair them, just to get the small fender lip tucked in, out of the way.

This assembly gives a FIRM ride(read..handles like a go-kart) with 1 person(weighing 150 LBS)and a beautifully SMOOTH RIDE with 4 people (weighing 150,210,185,120..LBS respectively), and yes the wheel/tire combo does cut my standing start acceleration times, but with the high reving BP i can run down any stock civic on top end provided i dont slip the little stock festy clutch.
                              Also, the big negative (due to the 1+ inch suspension raise) is that my car is nick-named "Little Sh#! Box on Steroids" in my town.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but hopefully it helps??
                              Darren Sehnke

Comment

Working...
                              X