No announcement yet.

Aspire sway bar direct swap to festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire sway bar direct swap to festiva?

title says it all thanks guys

Basically yes, you will need to lower the trans mount some to get it in, and you will need to shorten the lower radiator hose and it will always rub on it. Also will need the aspire sway bar to frame mount bushings, or you can buy the polys and grind them to fit the festiva mount.

Comment

Originally posted by drumnerd33 View Post
      Basically yes, you will need to lower the trans mount some to get it in, and you will need to shorten the lower radiator hose and it will always rub on it. Also will need the aspire sway bar to frame mount bushings, or you can buy the polys and grind them to fit the festiva mount.
      Some of the forum folks have mounted the Aspire bar upside down in order to avoid having to go above the tranny cross member and also having to shorten the lower rad hose. I haven't attempted this version myself, yet. When disassembling the Aspire there is no need to remove the sway bar frame brackets because they don't fit on a Festy anyway. But do hang on to the cover plates and the bushings. You will be impressed by the rigidity of a 1 1/16 inch diameter bar as opposed to a 7/8 in OEM Festy bar.

Comment

Don't do it. The Festiva already understeers and the sway bar will only make it worse.
        91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
        14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
          Don't do it. The Festiva already understeers and the sway bar will only make it worse.
          I'll tell you I sure do like mine (Aspire sway bar) and would never consider going back. Where I'm going to back off, in the scheme of things, is on the aftermarket springs which are too low and too stiff.

Comment

Re: Aspire sway bar direct swap to festiva?

I love mine. Handles way better now, way less body role, and I think it steers a ton better.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: Aspire sway bar direct swap to festiva?

Does the Rio bar work?
              HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
              "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Originally posted by Huli View Post
                Does the Rio bar work?
                No,not even close.
                Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

aspire bar works good if you have alignment done . It will move the tires back if you dont use the aspire front mount brackets ...Compare one bracket to the other the difference is clear . But nothing a good alignment wont take care off as long as yodont mind losing tire clearance
                  New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                    aspire bar works good if you have alignment done . It will move the tires back if you dont use the aspire front mount brackets ...Compare one bracket to the other the difference is clear . But nothing a good alignment wont take care off as long as yodont mind losing tire clearance
                    "Back" as in "Caster"?

Comment

Sure is nitro ! With the angle of the lower control it also pulls the alignment . First visible notice is that the wheels are back farther .
                      New build on the way .

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                        Sure is nitro ! With the angle of the lower control it also pulls the alignment . First visible notice is that the wheels are back farther .
                        Wow so much to learn and so little time.Thanks for pointing that out,that might explain why people like the "Feel" of the swap so much. I just did the poly bushing on my Aspire sway bar & was wondering how difficult it would be to transfer over ALL the Aspire brackets for the swap.

Comment

The mount brackets are not hard to mod , a couple bushings and drill one hole and they will bolt up.
                          When i built ironstiva back to a stock bp , cody wanted the aspire sway bar installed . i did so and the tires almost touching the inner fenders , i measured and they were pulled back 1/4 of an inch . I got to checking things and if you compare the brackets you can see the difference between festive and aspire .
                          I installede aspire brackets and alignment and caster came back to spec .
                          New build on the way .

Comment

so will mounting the aspire sway bar on stock festy mounts move the wheels or is that only if you use the aspire mounts?
                            91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
                            Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
                            Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                              so will mounting the aspire sway bar on stock festy mounts move the wheels or is that only if you use the aspire mounts?
                              Yes thats what he's saying. It will move your tire backwards taking away Caster. And it probably makes the steering "feel" quicker.You could stand both bars next to each other and measure with a tape how tall they are.And it sounds like the Aspire will measure 1/4 taller.The width should be the same because the Aspire's wheel base in the front is made wider with the LCA.

Comment

Working...
                              X