1988 Mercury Tracer power steering rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Mercury Tracer power steering rack

Does this steering rack bolt up with the Festiva? I have a lead on a Tracer out at the yard that looks to have all of the pieces still there, and at only 138k! I'm super tempted to pickup that good 'ol Gen1 B6 too drool

It looks extremely similar , but I wanted to see if anyone knew specifically. Thanks!

quick bump... I'm headed out to the yard, but I'm keeping track of the thread, it's a little drive to get there. Hope to hear from you guys! thanks

Comment

I don't think so. I would stick with a genuine Festiva rack like the one I bolted in or get one from Germany if you absolutely cannot find it here.

Comment

No possibility at all? dang :/ My steering rack has over 300k and is falling apart on me. They quoted me $56 so I was hoping I could get a deal and an upgrade..

Comment

http://www.ebay.de/itm/KIA-Pride-DA-...item51a982ad11
          Last edited by bravekozak; 03-09-2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

such a nice piece. he has a lot of goodies! thanks for the link man. when I went out to the yard and looked at that tracer, the steering rack looked like it would have worked. However, the distance between the mounting bracket was actually shorter, measuring 10.5" on-center. The Festiva measured up to 13" on-center. that listing is so tempting, but oh the shipping. Have you had any experience ordering overseas brave?

Comment

Originally posted by invader_star View Post
              such a nice piece. he has a lot of goodies! thanks for the link man. when I went out to the yard and looked at that tracer, the steering rack looked like it would have worked. However, the distance between the mounting bracket was actually shorter, measuring 10.5" on-center. The Festiva measured up to 13" on-center. that listing is so tempting, but oh the shipping. Have you had any experience ordering overseas brave?
              From what i understand, seamail is the way to go.. according to things various, it may take longer, but you'll pay less..
              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km
              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Is this a power steering rack or a stock rack? either way, it's looking rather unique to me.
                Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                Highway - 7.32L/100km
                City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                X