No announcement yet.

2001 kia rio front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have uncut Rio springs, and struts on mine, other than the increased ride height of not cutting them, they provide a better ride than my old worn out stock ones that had 300k miles on them. The only harshness I have is from the rear, where I still have the factory struts, I can't replace them either since a bolt head sheared off one of them.

Junkyard Rios struts are way cheaper than new stock Festy ones, paid $40 for the the pair, and they looked almost brand new. (Bolts were still shiny, and all the springs had was a bit of grime build up from the road, that is it.)

I didn't cut them because I may eventually stick bigger wheels on there that may need the extra ride height.) I don't see a problem with the camber, either.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
      I have uncut Rio springs, and struts on mine, other than the increased ride height of not cutting them, they provide a better ride than my old worn out stock ones that had 300k miles on them. The only harshness I have is from the rear, where I still have the factory struts, I can't replace them either since a bolt head sheared off one of them.

Junkyard Rios struts are way cheaper than new stock Festy ones, paid $40 for the the pair, and they looked almost brand new. (Bolts were still shiny, and all the springs had was a bit of grime build up from the road, that is it.)

I didn't cut them because I may eventually stick bigger wheels on there that may need the extra ride height.) I don't see a problem with the camber, either.
      Post a pic of your front tires with a square edge up against them. I'd really like to see that ok? Thx-
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
        Post a pic of your front tires with a square edge up against them. I'd really like to see that ok? Thx-
        Not sure I have one big enough, but I will do the best I can tomorrow when I have more light.

I will get a box or something.

Comment

Not sure I have one big enough, but I will do the best I can tomorrow when I have more light.

I will get a box or something.
          5 gal bucket pushed up against the tire and take a pic from the front.

Comment

5 gal bucket pushed up against the tire and take a pic from the front.
            Alright, didn't have a 5 gallon bucket, but I had an old stereo speaker sitting in the garage that I used. Here is both side.

DSC02727.jpgDSC02735.jpg

Looks straight as an arrow to me.
            Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-31-2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Alright, didn't have a 5 gallon bucket, but I had an old stereo speaker sitting in the garage that I used. Here is both side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12035[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12036[/ATTACH]

Looks straight as an arrow to me.
              Yes it looks good,maybe a few degrees of pos camber?

Comment

Yes it looks good,maybe a few degrees of pos camber?
                Maybe a tad bit, I will report here if the tires start wearing on the outsides, but so far so good.

Completely unrelated to the front, but I need to check my rear wheel camber, because I do have wear on the inside on my rear driver's side tire, but it was like that when I got the car, so I don't if it was ever on the front or what.
                Last edited by TorqueEffect; 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Toe will wear your tires much more than camber. I run -2.5 degrees in the back with no abnormal tire wear, but I also run zero toe, which is why. If I ran even 1/16 toe I would see wear with this much negative camber..
                  Love the info on the Rio stuff by the way guys, I'm seriously considering a dual sport Festy.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Re: 2001 kia rio front

Seeing as we have a number of guys with Rio fronts here.
                    Which control arm did you guys use for the swap?
                    I've got the festi ones, and the Rio ones.
                    But my gut is telling me that I'll need aspire ones.
                    1988 MAZDA 121- B6T + G5MR SWAP IN PROGRESS.

Comment

I used aspire LCAs.
                      ;
                      www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
                      rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
                      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
                      '92 Festiva L M/T
                      '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Still stock festy setup.

Comment

Still stock festy setup.
                          so you are saying rio swap with festy LCAs? or haven't done the swap yet?
                          ;
                          rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                          '92 Festiva L M/T
                          '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Festiva LCAs on left / aspire LCAs on right. Aspire is way better for the rio brakes.

;
                            rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                            '92 Festiva L M/T
                            '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

this is with rio swap and rio springs cut to 12" and rear is still stock.
                              ;
                              rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
                              '92 Festiva L M/T
                              '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

rhodes, nevermind the camber with the LCAs (they make bolts for that), what do your axles say with the Rio LCAs? or did you swap in aspire axles? or is this like the Capri swap that REQUIRES use of the aspire LCAs to fit with festy axles?
                                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X