QUICK Response Needed on 14" Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUICK Response Needed on 14" Wheels

My festiva is STOCK. I have the opportunity to get 14" 4x114.3, 6" wide wheels. I apologize, I do not have time to thoroughly research this but my question is, will they fit and not rub? Thanks in advance.
    1989 Festiva L Carby

Re: QUICK Response Needed on 14" Wheels

First question that comes to mind is what size tires will you be running?

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

i ran 14x6 wheels with 195/45/14s with no issue. my old tires did rub they were 165/60/14 iirc might have been 175 not sure its been a while
      Jason
      wishing i had a festi again

Comment

That wheel should fit depending on the offset. And of course the tire size.
        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
        Random Festiva Parts
        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

165/60/14 shouldn't be an issue and they're easy to find, just mind your offset in the rear.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Tires are AVID H4S 185-60-14.
            1989 Festiva L Carby

Comment

I ran 185/60-14's with 1/4"ish rear spacers and had no problems whatsoever. Mind you, I was Aspire-swapped with KYB's but same deal practically.
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by darkfact View Post
                My festiva is STOCK. I have the opportunity to get 14" 4x114.3, 6" wide wheels. I apologize, I do not have time to thoroughly research this but my question is, will they fit and not rub? Thanks in advance.
                You are baiting us. Almost no facts, about offset or hub hole size, and yet expecting a definitive answer. I am personally guessing you found some vintage (1980s) Mazda RX7 rims, yes, no? I have no experience with these but it is true that the bolt holes are the same.

Comment

^ true that, what he said is rite on. i have some 14x6 wheels that was on my festy but little did i know that they were about a 0 offset because they were stock wheels off a datsun 510 so they have a rwd offset. i got them under the car with some 165/50s and alot.... alot of fender roll and pucker. so listen to bert and know the offset
                  -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                  -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

These are aftermarket wheels, I dont know the offset or hub hole size. I know nothing about wheel fitment, obviously. I know they've been on 95 Geo Metro with no trouble.
                    1989 Festiva L Carby

Comment

The brand is Akuza. These are the wheels.
                      Attached Files
                      1989 Festiva L Carby

Comment

Sounds like they should fit as Geo Metro 13in steelies are an upgrade to the Festiva.
                        -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                        Random Festiva Parts
                        Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Its ^its all good bro I don't understand all about wheel/tire stuff either u just know what I know because I've made the mistakes and learned.

If they were on a metro then you prob safe
                          -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                          -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Then the wheels should be alright probably, just comes down to tire size.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I have 6 x 14 Kia Rio alloys on my Aspire swapped car and they fit perfect and without spacers etc. But I'm running 155/65s on them and I suspect that if I had gone wider than 165 the tires would have been rubbing on the fender lips.

Comment

Working...
                              X