Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any idea on how to get a sway bar made ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any idea on how to get a sway bar made ?

my car could deffinitly use a sway bar upgrade. I already replaced the bushings and what not.. it really needs a nice bigger and stiffer sway bar in there... any ideas?

-Ian
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Do you have the aspire rear? It definatly makes a big difference.

I would keep away from putting a bigger swaybar in the front because it will increase the tendancy to understeer.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

The Aspire sway bar really does make a huge difference. The actual sway bar itself isn't very big, but it doesn't matter considering how little weight it back there.
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

What they said. Rear bar will help control body lean without "over-rollstiffening" the front end.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT A B6T AND STILL DON'T HAVE THE ASPIRE BRAKE CONVERSION!!

Hint, hint...

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'm going to make one just like Reb's http://fordfestiva.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6099
          I have the Aspire rear and it still has too much movement for AutoX to me... And I quote from GRM, "Flatter is faster" :wink: so I plan on having both the Aspire beam w/the tiny bar and then Reb's design connecting the strut bottoms.. -Kyle
          Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Working...
          X