Hub-Centric rings/wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hub-Centric rings/wheel spacers

I got my "new" vintage Western Wheel Turbines delivered today, looks like they'll bolt up to my little Go-4 without any clearance issues! banana time One thing that I'll need to do is get a pair of hub rings, as the hub center bore of my new wheels is much larger than of my original wheels (using my digital caliper the measurement of my hub is 59mm as where the opening of my Turbines is 80mm. I definitely want a spacer to help take the mounting pressure off the studs and onto the hub itself (I would think a 3-wheeled vehicle losing a rear wheel due to broken studs would not end well... Ha!) :violent2:

Has anyone gotten hub rings or spacers for their Festiva? If so does anyone one carry them stock or did you have to get them custom made? From the looks of it, I'm guessing I'm gonna have to get mine custom made.

Most custom wheel shops have hub-centric rings. They should have spacers if you need them for clearance.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I got a set of durable nylon(?) hub centric rings (about $35) from an outfit in Finland that advertises on the Net. They posted a huge selection of sizes, and if I recall, would do customs. Part of the reason for plastic is so the rings don't rust-seize in place.
      Mounting wheels however becomes a PITA (if the rings don't press fit and stay in place while you're putting the wheels on) and you'll want a headless bolt to install temporarily so as to be able to line things up. I had VW rims that required rings that were about 1/8" diameter oversize. Now that I've switched to OEM Kia Rio alloys the hub fit is perfect and I don't have to fuss around with rings anymore.

Comment

I had plastic hub rings for my AR Estrellas on my Aspire suspension. I soured on them after nearly ruining one on installation (it wasn't quite lined up and began cracking apart) and then finding that upon removing the wheels to put on my snows, the plastic hub rings would stay on the hubs and had to be pried off with my knife.

If you learn how to install wheels without them I think it would be a good thing. You slowly tighten the lug bolts around the wheel as you turn the tire, tightening at the top little by little until you go around several times. So far it's worked well for me.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Here's my thread about the topic, if you follow this link it should take you to the info you might be able to use.

Ive been using them for a few thousand miles, and no issues so far.
          Last edited by jesteratc; 04-17-2013, 08:45 AM. Reason: Add info
          91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
            I got a set of durable nylon(?) hub centric rings (about $35) from an outfit in Finland that advertises on the Net. They posted a huge selection of sizes, and if I recall, would do customs. Part of the reason for plastic is so the rings don't rust-seize in place.
            Mounting wheels however becomes a PITA (if the rings don't press fit and stay in place while you're putting the wheels on) and you'll want a headless bolt to install temporarily so as to be able to line things up. I had VW rims that required rings that were about 1/8" diameter oversize. Now that I've switched to OEM Kia Rio alloys the hub fit is perfect and I don't have to fuss around with rings anymore.
            Did you mean this site:
            http://www.hubcentric-rings.com/

I would say that if you have not OEM rims, you'll have different size centerbore and it's something like 99% to install rims not centered.
            It's just hard to measure bore from the rim...
            Hi! Do you wanna ride with me? I have red cabrio, it has the biggest engine what was available when the car was new. It also has about every possible accessories what was available then.
            It's -89 Mazda 121 with 1,3L carb engine banana time

Comment

Working...
            X