15" Wheels and Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15" Wheels and Tires

Is there a 15" tire size that will work on a 92 Festiva without modification? Thanks

The width of the wheel and the offset of the wheel are the main issues that mods are needed for 15s to fit under there other than that they may make tires that may fit under but your going to pay some money for them and order from another country. The mods required aren't hard you just need spacers, a grinder, flb hammer, 12" 2x4 & some patience. Takes.about an hour
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Thanks Bobby, I just want to get as big a tire as I can on without much modification.

Comment

if you're looking for more rubber on the road, look at 13s.... 185/60/13s to be exact and find a set of 13x7 or 13x8 rims (prefer the 13x7 for clearance issues). if you just want a big rim, go with some factory Accord rims and 175/50/16 or 195/40/16 tires (165/40 is an option as well if you're just going for the look and clearance will be even less a problem).
        Last edited by FestYboy; 04-22-2013, 07:34 AM.
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

165/45/15 tire fit a 15x6 wheel perfectly and if your wheel has between a 35-38 mm offset then there will be no rubbing on a stock festiva. No spacers needed and the gas mileage and speedometer remain the same. These tires are slightly smaller than stock 12" tires.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
          X