13x5.5in wide 35mm offset mounting a 175/60/13 got some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13x5.5in wide 35mm offset mounting a 175/60/13 got some questions

thanks ahead of time for any and all help. my car is a stock 89 festiva and i picked up some nice rims for it and was wanting to know if these would be good for daily driving,and not mess up speedo or have my rpms real high or anything like that. i searched the site but could not find these answers not saying there not on here just the words i used didn't pop them up. did find the old magazine article from motor trend fixed up festiva and they used the same rim and tire setup as i'm thinking about,really just didn't want to buy tires and then find out that it changed something for the worse,thanks again

should work as long as the bolt pattern is correct 114.3
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

if necessary, get some spacers to make them fit..
      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km
      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

not worried about fitment,more about rpm and speedo thanks for the reply though

Comment

I'm running 175/60-13s on AR Estrellas. Works fine on an Aspire swap. Should work fine if your wheels fit Festiva spec hubs. The 175/60s are only a couple mms taller than stock, and 5 to 6 mm lower than the 155/80-12s many folks run.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

According to the miata tire size calculator, http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
            155-80x12 = 21.8" diameter
            175-60x13 = 21.3" diameter.

So the 13" tire will spin about 2% faster, a negligible difference.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I think 175/60-13 is about perfect. You'll get a little more "zippyness" over the 155/80-12 and truthfully, your speedo will be just as accurate, if not more than before. The 155R12 is a little taller than the factory 145R12. The handling will be a ton better as well.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

ok thanks for all the replies,after I saw that motor trend article from 1988 on the fixed up festiva I thought the setup their running would not be that hard to duplicate so been digging into it a little seems like they just used a bigger sway bar (aspire) and these rim and tire package springs that were 20%stiffer and a rear anti-sway bar seems pretty simple

Comment

Working...
                X