Wheel Vinyl Wraping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Vinyl Wraping

Has anyone every wrapped their rims in vinyl? I thought this might be an interesting idea vs. painting
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Or, you could purchase a Mazda steering wheel adapter and bolt on a leather steering wheel.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

i sprayed mine with plasti-dip for around 3.50 per wheel & they look great!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

bravekozak, I meant the rims.

kumalaba I had thought about that too.

Comment

Or just have me powder coat them...
          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

There is also something called like hydro-dipping which is kind of cool.
            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
            Random Festiva Parts
            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

After watching this video of how much time and trouble it takes for vinyl, and this video of how much time and trouble it takes for water transfer printing, I think I would just have them powder coated. I would hate to do either and scape a curb. I am not into wheels very much. I will just leave my junk yard factory alloys exactly the way they are. I don't want the car to be too nice and attract too much attention. That way, I won't to be tempted to worship it and have to sit next to the window in a restaurant just to keep an eye on it.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                After watching this video of how much time and trouble it takes for vinyl, and this video of how much time and trouble it takes for water transfer printing, I think I would just have them powder coated. I would hate to do either and scape a curb. I am not into wheels very much. I will just leave my junk yard factory alloys exactly the way they are. I don't want the car to be too nice and attract too much attention. That way, I won't to be tempted to worship it and have to sit next to the window in a restaurant just to keep an eye on it.
                Banned for not worshiping your Festiva.
                Last edited by TominMO; 05-17-2013, 09:51 PM.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                  bravekozak, I meant the rims.

kumalaba I had thought about that too.
                  i used the flat black from lowes @ 6.00 a can, & one can does 2 wheels. i cant believe how good they turned out. but if you have the $ powder coating is the way to go far more durable but with the money i saved i got 4 new tires! they only sell flat black & flat white @ lowes but on ebay you can get most colors.
                  Last edited by kumalaba; 05-17-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

gauge_half_inch I would if I could afford it!

Comment

Plasti-gunk and vinyl will not last on wheels. On top of that, doing a good job wrapping something in vinyl is time consuming and difficult. Your best option would be to paint or powder coat them. Painting the wheels yourself can be extremely affordable.

Comment

unless you sandblast your wheels first just painting them looks terrible imo, unless the wheels are already super clean.
                        Last edited by kumalaba; 05-18-2013, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Wheelskins (check ebay) The colors you want , real leather.

Comment

I use rust oleum industrial enamel to paint my wheels. One thick coat does the trick, and it'll take about 3-4 cans. Spray them till they almost run (laying flat on the ground) and let them dry, never re coat or it'll wrinkle up. It's 5 something a can at home depot. If you wet sand the wheels with 400 grit to scuff the original finish and take off any flaking paint, then clean the wheels really good they can come out looking awesome, for less than 20 bucks worth of supplies.

Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                              gauge_half_inch I would if I could afford it!
                              Gauge does good work and is very afford able.
                              Shipping is what is the killer.
                              Just means you need to drop by Indystiva and/or Madness and bring your wheels.
                              Or possibly have someone(s) going in that direction transport said wheels to Gauge.
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                              X