VW Carrado Wheels specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Carrado Wheels specs

Anyone know the width & offset on these?
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

6 inch wide
    35mm Offset

Had a chance to get a set of these a while ago and those were the specs when I looked them up.

Comment

Originally posted by b1gballin View Post
      6 inch wide
      35mm Offset

Had a chance to get a set of these a while ago and those were the specs when I looked them up.
      Awesome so they are the same spec as my 14" BMW "Bottle Caps". Thanks for the quick response ! I'm shooting for a 195/50R15 on my Aspire
      Last edited by nitrofarm; 05-27-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Might want to check the weight on those VW wheels. My 13 X 5.5" alloys are 15# and I've heard the 14 X 6" snowflakes are around 18#. There are some VW alloys that are fairly light, but many seem to be made out of a aluminized LEAD alloy.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
          Might want to check the weight on those VW wheels. My 13 X 5.5" alloys are 15# and I've heard the 14 X 6" snowflakes are around 18#. There are some VW alloys that are fairly light, but many seem to be made out of a aluminized LEAD alloy.

Karl
          Thanks for the heads up. Passed on these simply because I think he wants to much. I paid 250 for Blizzacks on 14x6 bottle caps this winter. I'll keep peeping on CL to see if he comes down to earth.I really want to get 15"'s under one of my cars this summer. Anyway I scored some brand new 14x6 Borbet CA's yesterday,for $150.00.The Kid has been sitting on them for over 4 years. They are beautifull,the only issue is they are 38mm Off Set. So they hit the rear perch (barely). So I'm shopping for my rear coilover parts as we speak. Gonna run 185/60R14 Generals on them for summer.
          Have any idea what the 14x6 Bottle Caps weigh? I bought them already mounted & havent broken them down.

Heres a pic of the BORBET CA
          Last edited by nitrofarm; 05-29-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X