95 civic rear springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 civic rear springs?

Will a 95 civic rear spring fit on the rear strut of a festiva?
    Trying to up the spring rate and I can buy a pair for $20. But wanna k ow for sure if they would fit.
    ;
    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
    '92 Festiva L M/T
    '93 Festiva GL A/T

yes. i have them but they are about a quarter inch less in diameter so if you could open up the top coil a bit it will be perfect. all this only works if you cut some coils off the top because the civic springs taper in at the top 3 or 4 coils
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Better news than I what I have. Festy back springs are 3 7/8s" in diameter and whatever else you can get to fix is good news for all of us. Let us know what you've found and that fits. Festys around here have been going to the dump for the past 10 years because jobbers can't find replacement springs. Aspires are a "go" (right size and a little bit taller) and that's about it, cheap.

Comment

have you checked miata lowering springs? they should fit from the 90-98 models..I have 99/00 lowering springs, the fronts fit fine but the rears are too wide in diameter. A guy on the aspire site straight swapped in 90-98 lowering springs not long ago.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Hey bobby spider by any chance do you know the wire size on the civic springs and the I.d of the springs? thanks

Comment

Working...
          X