X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just Ordered some 15x7.5 wheels for my 88 festiva l

I was wondering if you guys can help!!!
    I wanted to know if they would fit!
    My car is completly stock so im wondering if i would have trouble with it scraping the fenders
    Or when i turn?????

What offset are they and what tire size did you go with?

Comment

Well there 15x7.5
      And the offset is 25mm
      The bolt pattern is 4x114

Comment

And i dont really know whats a good tire for them to fit on my car?????

Comment

I believe Charlie suggests 165/45/15s. It's very close to the stock diameter.
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

gonna be tough. you will have to roll/pull the fenders and possibly cut them depending on the offset for tires you need 195/50/15 this would be the absolute biggest tire i would run and nothing bigger. i have 15s on my white car and they are only 6.5" wide and had to do everything i stated except cut the fenders. stiffer suspension will help with possible rubbing issues
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

DO NOT stretch 165s on a 7.5" wide rim, it isn't safe, and IMO looks rather stupid. if you want to see what it looks like, go here

a 6.5" wide rim would be much safer and will fit with fewer issues.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I agree. The 165/45 will be fugly on a 7.5" wheel.

what wheels are they? make & model?

Comment

A friend of mine has 165 45 15's on 8" wide wheels on his Rabbit. He daily drives this setup and has for over a year with no issues. I have 165 45's on my 7" wide wheels and haven't had any issues. They ride better than the same tires on my 6" wide rims. They have slight stretch on 7" wide wheels, and that will be more with an extra half inch of width, but not horrible. If stretch is such a bad thing then why do all the new sport packaged BMW's come with more stretch from the dealer than my car has?

These tires fit well in Festiva fenders, even on a bone stock car. They don't affect your speedometer either. They ride stiffer than the stock tires, and you'll feel the road more, but it's a worthwhile trade in my opinion because once you get used to these tires a stock 12" or even most 13" tires feel downright dangerous.

In order to get the car low with this wide of a wheel you'll need to run a good amount of negative camber, so that is going to require custom coilovers and some custom beam spacers in the rear.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

IMG_5003_1Ymx_0.jpg
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

I was thinking to go with some "205/55/15 tires? You think those tires would fit my stock car?

Comment

I think a 195/45 or a 205/50 would suit that wheel size best but, you could stretch a 165/45 on there for your best chance at fitting that combo on the car.

Comment

Why ask this question after you have ordered the wheels?
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by vinny_perez View Post
                            I was thinking to go with some "205/55/15 tires? You think those tires would fit my stock car?
                            Anything can be made to fit. But in stock form, you will have some pretty severe interference issues with tires that big. 195/45 15 will fit squarely, but you will still rub, especially if the car is lowered at all.
                            Also, a side note, Federal Formosa tires tend to run wider than most. My 165mm Formosa tires are wider than my 185mm nankang sp2s and wider than my 175 60 13 tires (several different brands).
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 05-31-2013, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                              Why ask this question after you have ordered the wheels?
                              I was thinking this same thing! haha
                              -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                              Random Festiva Parts
                              Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Working...
                              X