Wheel fittiment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel fittiment.

So I got my old set up of 185/55/14 bqck on American racing ESTRELLA with a 35mm offset, on the ground and bumping, strut compression seems like there's enough clearance.
    What di you guys think?

Sent from Galaxy S4 TAPATALK2
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

That's pretty much identical to my 195/45-15 +38. gotta love a tight fit.
    -Bryant

Comment

Problem is compression of struts at rear w/o spacers. Spacers aren't an option for me currently, so im going 165/55r14 Federal Formoza FD1 which is an all season tire compared to the yoko s-drive 185/55r14s that are pictured.

The front fits no problem.

Im just scared about that perch cutting the sidewall when it compresses and rotates in the rear

Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

The yokos are a summer tire. And one directional. As opposed to the federals which are omnidirectional

Comment

the pearch won't move in relation to the tire, so it cant cut the sidewall, ever. you may find that the sholder of the tread will rub, but that's nothing to really worry about. also, you should pay attention to the rear bumper to fender mount area, that can cut into the tread under compression.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
          X