Rio Rear Suspension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Rear Suspension?

Does anyone know if i can just bolt on a stock kia rio rear suspension on to my festiva?

I dont mind if it lifts the car a couple of inches.
    1988 Porsche 928 S4
    1992 Ford Festiva L
    2013 Hyundai Sonata

That'd be a definite no.
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

What about a rear end from a 2012 VW Golf TDI 4dr 6sp manual, candy white with tech pkg
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Arse end off an Aspire is a direct 'bolt on' fit. Anything and everything else is a lot of work.

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
          What about a rear end from a 2012 VW Golf TDI 4dr 6sp manual, candy white with tech pkg
          If it's white with black interior then it's a direct swap, but if it's white with dark grey interior then everything is completely different. I'm not certain on the other color combos, but I heard red is the fastest and green is organic. Just sayin'
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

So if i use a Aspire rear it should give me a 2'' lift?
            1988 Porsche 928 S4
            1992 Ford Festiva L
            2013 Hyundai Sonata

Comment

Aspire springs and shocks will lift the car not quite 2". The beam does nothing for ride height.
              Skoda Garde ('81-'84) rear suspension is a direct swap though, you just have to cut a small (3') hole in the trunk floor.
              Last edited by Tommychu; 06-08-2013, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommychu View Post
                Aspire springs and shocks will lift the car not quite 2". The beam does nothing for ride height.
                Skoda Garde ('81-'84) rear suspension is a direct swap though, you just have to cut a small (3') hole in the trunk floor.
                Bunch of jokers! Aspire rear beam is almost identical to a Festy beam except for a built-in (and questionable improvement) torsion bar, larger brakes and desirable 4 x 100mm (instead of Festy 4 x 114.3) wheel bolt pattern. If you keep your Festy shocks and springs they'll bolt right on but the spring perches on the shocks will likely interfere with tires that are higher than OEM Festy. If you use the Aspire springs and shocks the back of the car will lift about 1 1/2-2 inches further off the ground. I have that exact arrangement on one of my cars at the moment (including uncut Aspire springs) so this is not hearsay advice.

Comment

Working...
                X