14" estrellas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14" estrellas

Today I had 14" American racing estrellas put on. Wheel details: dual pattern, 14×6" +35mm offset, 72mm hub bore.

Along with 165/55r14 Federal formoza FD1 rubber. Purchased from www.tireseasy.com.

Both front and rear fit and clear stock suspension (unmodified) I had the rear suspension all thread mod, that had to come out. Spacers aren't required with this set up.
    You're looking for a wider than stock, but nearly the same diameter as your 155/80r12 steeliesc these are the wheels for you. They fit nicely and add some beefiness.

Heres some pics...
    If you'd like to see them up closer, or the fit on the suspension/brakes/etc. Just let me know. .

Sent from James' Galaxy S4 TAPATALK2
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Also, they're just plasti-dipped. Flat black. No sanding. Only rubbed with alcohol and sprayed on. Cool thing, if I ever wanna change colors, ir go back to the original finish, it just peels right off
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Pshhh.... Mud flaps pshhh who wants those...you should just pull those things off and give them to me ill get rid of them for ya xD

Comment

Originally posted by Racks-on-racks View Post
        Pshhh.... Mud flaps pshhh who wants those...you should just pull those things off and give them to me ill get rid of them for ya xD
        Bahaha. Suck it mister. Get your own! Lol

Comment

Well I am. Found a way to make them for dirt cheap so when they are done you'll be first to see I think there gana be about an inch from the ground O.o

Comment

Originally posted by Racks-on-racks View Post
            Well I am. Found a way to make them for dirt cheap so when they are done you'll be first to see I think there gana be about an inch from the ground O.o
            that's gonna look wicked. I'm gonna eventually b get some wider ones. Those that are on there aren't wide enough IMHO. I may snag some mazda ones from auto zone or something and do them red.

James says, "Hate on it."

Comment

And here's a link to the rubber for yas

Comment

I've seen these wheels on a couple different Festivas...they look so much better in black!
                Last edited by Prafeston; 06-14-2013, 01:05 AM.
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                  I've seen these wheels on a couple different Festivas...they look so much better in black!
                  Agreed. I thought about leaving the lip the silver, then decided against it once it was all installed.

Comment

For those who want to see an Estrella (this one's a 13 X 5.5") with black painted center, here ya go:

I think the all black is nice, but I still think I prefer the silver lip (in this case, the "lip" is rather wide and curved).

Mine were done with Dupli Color wheel black over Dupli Color green etching primer, about a year ago. I ran snows on different wheels over the winter, so this pic represents about 8 or 9 months of road use so far. Seems to be holding up okay and I'm pleased with the results. Wheel prep was simply cleaning and lightly sanding with 320 grit, like Dupli Color recommends on its youtube video.

Oh, that fender flare is from a VW Jetta or Golf. I was playing around, seeing how it might fit.

Karl
                    Last edited by Safety Guy; 06-14-2013, 09:05 AM.
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                      For those who want to see an Estrella (this one's a 13 X 5.5") with black painted center, here ya go:

I think the all black is nice, but I still think I prefer the silver lip (in this case, the "lip" is rather wide and curved).

Mine were done with Dupli Color wheel black over Dupli Color green etching primer, about a year ago. I ran snows on different wheels over the winter, so this pic represents about 8 or 9 months of road use so far. Seems to be holding up okay and I'm pleased with the results. Wheel prep was simply cleaning and lightly sanding with 320 grit, like Dupli Color recommends on its youtube video.

Oh, that fender flare is from a VW Jetta or Golf. I was playing around, seeing how it might fit.

Karl
                      Mine have everything but the center piece thst goes through the center cap plasti-dipped black.
                      Looks much better imho

Comment

I will say it was a pain to tape off the rim part. My next painting project will be a set of Miata solid spokes. I need to pick out a nice sparkly blue, and this will be a simple "all one color" like yours.

I'll do it the same way with the green Dupli primer but my only concern is that a regular paint won't do as well as their wheel paint. They don't make blue wheel paint though!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                          I will say it was a pain to tape off the rim part. My next painting project will be a set of Miata solid spokes. I need to pick out a nice sparkly blue, and this will be a simple "all one color" like yours.

I'll do it the same way with the green Dupli primer but my only concern is that a regular paint won't do as well as their wheel paint. They don't make blue wheel paint though!

Karl
                          I think youll be fine on regular paint for the wheels. Just sand them nicely, and follow that with degreaser and alcohol. Then follow the directions on th3 can. Not until your final final coat do you wanna do a heavy "wet" coat. If you do a "dusting" and let them set in the sun for around 10 minutes between each of those you should be fine.
                          I did my previous estrellas gloss black with rustoleum and rushed it with a heat gun, and after they installed the tires the whole edge chipped. Id definitely do it with the wheels off and tires off the wheels, that way you dont have to tape the tire and go through extra hassle. Once they're dried, dont touch them for 7 days so the paint has time to fully setup. Thats how I did this plasti-dip (no sanding) and its holding on like a dream.

Comment

Since were showing our Estrella love. Here are my 13" "strillaz with slicks all ready to fry my clutch! Lol

Little factoid. The mountain range south of Phoenix AZ is name Estrella. What does this have to do with car wheels? Well, nestled right up against the Estrella mountains is a little place called Phoenix International Raceway, a common stop for NASCAR, Indycar and a few other racing entities. Is this the reason American Racing Wheels named these wheels that? Not sure, but it's possible.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              Since were showing our Estrella love. Here are my 13" "strillaz with slicks all ready to fry my clutch! Lol

Little factoid. The mountain range south of Phoenix AZ is name Estrella. What does this have to do with car wheels? Well, nestled right up against the Estrella mountains is a little place called Phoenix International Raceway, a common stop for NASCAR, Indycar and a few other racing entities. Is this the reason American Racing Wheels named these wheels that? Not sure, but it's possible.
                              That is some cool trivia to think about. And dude, your car is beautiful. Come make Mines guts like yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X