offset vs no offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• offset vs no offset

Has anyone had trouble with putting neutral offset wheels onto their festiva after they've done an aspire swap, i know having different offsets can hurt the bearings if you take a low offset and go high but what about the other direction? I'm mainly trying to fit my rally tires into the fender without them rubbing on the inside on harsher turns. Any input would be awesome.

Car #789
    Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
    1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
    1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
    http://www.facebook.com/warally

What offset are the rally wheels?
    Is the rubbing in the rear, front, or both? More info needed.

Rubbing on the inside rear can be corrected with wheels spacers, or grinding of the rear spring perches, or using Aspire struts. (have a higher perch)
    Last edited by drddan; 06-17-2013, 06:56 PM.
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

hey dan, they were actually rubbing on the front, im not sure what the offset is on the wheels i have now, they were off of a kia i believe, but we're moving to the aspire 4x100 bolt pattern and im looking for wheels currently around Missouri, and were wondering if i used a neutral offset if that would hurt anything since the festiva and the aspire have a different offset.

Car #789
      Sponsors: Williams American Construction, Dewaynes Tire service, Roofing Supply Group
      1992 Festiva L - BP Swapped, Aspire Swapped, Rally America Sanctioned.
      1993 Festiva GL - 4sp Automatic and the bluest car i've ever seen...
      http://www.facebook.com/warally

Comment

You won't want to go with 0 offset, but lower will help. The offset will be stamped or cast into the wheel somewhere. They are probably like a 38mm (ET38 ). You can use spacers or go with a lower offset like a 32mm or even 25mm. 0 offset will put a lot of load on your bearings and hubs and it will cause the car to "grab" ruts and other abnormalities on the coarse.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-19-2013, 09:52 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
        X