Will these coilivers fit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will these coilivers fit??

Hey guys has anyone tried these coilovers in there 121/festiva ?

Justjap is one of Australia’s largest retailers of Japanese performance and tuning car parts with a catalogue of over 20,000 products available in store and online. Talk to our team of performance vehicle experts who can help you get the right parts to make your car run at its best.

I keep reading all these conflicting stories of what does and doesn't work. I'd live for someone to just say what will fit . Thanks guys I've spent a lot of time reading stuff but still cannot get a confirmation of what will actually work.

The upper is a 3 bolt mount and we use two .
    The lower would fit with some adaptation, they look off in bolt spacing and bolt length.
    They look more suited for street use because of limited travel.
    Even for street use I fail to see the need for this level of complexity
    and expense unless a very top level project is planned,
    Perhaps both street guys and OP can comment further?
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

No

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

:p :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Movin View Post
          The upper is a 3 bolt mount and we use two .
          The lower would fit with some adaptation, they look off in bolt spacing and bolt length.
          They look more suited for street use because of limited travel.
          Even for street use I fail to see the need for this level of complexity
          and expense unless a very top level project is planned,
          Perhaps both street guys and OP can comment further?

The car is being built by myself to compete in hillclimb and Tarmac rally events here in oz.
          I've been reading that dome have modified the top plate of the coilover to suit. I have full support from tein for my r8 that I race also but I cannot find any part numbers of other model cars that have coilovers which seem modifiable to suit the 121.
          The setup that I posted is for an Astina which I also keep hearing mentioned. I'm beginning to think your Astina may be somewhat different to what is called the Astina here in Australia .

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not exactly new to this but these little cars are new to me so sorry for what may have seemed like a stupid question.

Comment

I think you maybe mean Aspire not Astina?
            91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
            Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
            Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

Comment

Astina = Familia
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

If you're wanting to spend that much on your suspension you may as well Just use a different car. The fabrication to make those fit seems a bit excessive, IMO, and I also think you could buy a couple festivas for that price.
                If you really wanna do it, go for it. However, I doubt anyone has adapted something this different. With the exception of AdvancedDynamix.

-James
                Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

I've also found some early 90's civic coilovers that look like they would sort of suit but what is really like us someone who can say what they have used before I go and purchase anything.

Money and time are not a concern for me. I'm a fabricator and mechanic, I also have far too much time on my hands so nothing is too hard to do. But solid info is what I need.
                  The car will be goings from street runs , Tarmac rallying , super sprint , hillclimb , trackdays it's going to be doing a lot of different things when I'm not racing the other car so I need to be able to setup and adjust the suspension for what ill be doing each time.

Comment

Read Advancedynamix's Thread "Advanced Suspension Mods". It is Sticked in the "Custom Suspension, Breakes ,& Wheels" section of the Forum. He is very knowledeable, & will probley answer your questions if you text him. He's a race builder & mech also.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                      Read Advancedynamix's Thread "Advanced Suspension Mods". It is Sticked in the "Custom Suspension, Breakes ,& Wheels" section of the Forum. He is very knowledeable, & will probley answer your questions if you text him. He's a race builder & mech also.

Thanks mate will have a browse today.

Comment

Originally posted by Potta View Post
                        The car is being built by myself to compete in hillclimb and Tarmac rally events here in oz.
                        I've been reading that dome have modified the top plate of the coilover to suit. I have full support from tein for my r8 that I race also but I cannot find any part numbers of other model cars that have coilovers which seem modifiable to suit the 121.
                        The setup that I posted is for an Astina which I also keep hearing mentioned. I'm beginning to think your Astina may be somewhat different to what is called the Astina here in Australia .

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm not exactly new to this but these little cars are new to me so sorry for what may have seemed like a stupid question.
                        TEIN does or did make a direct fitment adjustable ( spring preload) setup that bolts up to the 121/Festiva however this setup is a bad choice for performance. The TEIN setup is under valved and poorly sprung for any serious driving.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                          TEIN does or did make a direct fitment adjustable ( spring preload) setup that bolts up to the 121/Festiva however this setup is a bad choice for performance. The TEIN setup is under valved and poorly sprung for any serious driving.
                          Is that serious driving as in track driving or daily commuting?

-James
                          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Either. I had a chance to test a b6t swapped Festiva with the same front lower rad modification as my B6t car, but this car was set up with TEIN coilovers. The 2 cars were very close in every aspect of tune, so it was a good comparison. The TEIN is basically just height adjustable stock feeling suspension, and when you have over twice the stock torque to the wheels the TEIN setup was uncomfortable to drive. The setup on my car is comfortable on the street, I mean more comfortable than stock suspension, and it easily out handles sports cars that retail for several hundred thousand dollars. The TEIN setup felt mushy, but still wasn't as efficient at managing bumps.
                            The drastic difference is in the dampening and carefully matched spring rates that I am running. The VW MK3 struts have slightly more compression dampening than stock, but drastically more rebound dampening. Rebound dampening is what will control the cars pitch while accelerating and yaw while turning in. I researched several dampening options ( and I still am researching) before settling on the VW coilovers. Another nice thing about using the VW coilovers is that the strut inserts are replaceable and cheap. Also, double adjustable Koni race inserts will fit into the VW coilovers if someone wanted 4 way adjustable coilovers. Bilstein inserts are also available. If someone has the ability to fabricate, then they can basically turn the VW coilovers into a serious package for the price most people sell the TEIN setup for.
                            Side note, I don't set my track cars up to be overly stiff. I prefer to drive with suspension, so this means my track setup and DD street setup are one in the same. I just throw slicks on it and go.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                              Either. I had a chance to test a b6t swapped Festiva with the same front lower rad modification as my B6t car, but this car was set up with TEIN coilovers. The 2 cars were very close in every aspect of tune, so it was a good comparison. The TEIN is basically just height adjustable stock feeling suspension, and when you have over twice the stock torque to the wheels the TEIN setup was uncomfortable to drive. The setup on my car is comfortable on the street, I mean more comfortable than stock suspension, and it easily out handles sports cars that retail for several hundred thousand dollars. The TEIN setup felt mushy, but still wasn't as efficient at managing bumps.
                              The drastic difference is in the dampening and carefully matched spring rates that I am running. The VW MK3 struts have slightly more compression dampening than stock, but drastically more rebound dampening. Rebound dampening is what will control the cars pitch while accelerating and yaw while turning in. I researched several dampening options ( and I still am researching) before settling on the VW coilovers. Another nice thing about using the VW coilovers is that the strut inserts are replaceable and cheap. Also, double adjustable Koni race inserts will fit into the VW coilovers if someone wanted 4 way adjustable coilovers. Bilstein inserts are also available. If someone has the ability to fabricate, then they can basically turn the VW coilovers into a serious package for the price most people sell the TEIN setup for.
                              Side note, I don't set my track cars up to be overly stiff. I prefer to drive with suspension, so this means my track setup and DD street setup are one in the same. I just throw slicks on it and go.
                              So I had a chance (and I believe It's yours) to watch a YouTube video today of a festiva on a track taking out a camaro (and a few others). Do you know the suspension used in that? Is it your bilstien setup?

-James

Comment

Working...
                              X