99Miata springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99Miata springs

Will they work? This is what sparked my interest. I've been looking at a couple different forums and most of them are saying 99 mistake springs will fit our festys gr2s perfect.
    Has anyone tries them? Does anyone have them on their festy?

In thus video they look nearly identical to the stock festy springs.

-James
    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

The 99-00 miatas rear springs are too wide for our body mounts, they won't fit up in there! It's only about a quarter inch too wide. Front springs will work on the front! I know a guy on the aspire site stuck some 90-98 springs under his aspire and didn't report any issues, other than a stiffer ride!
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
      The 99-00 miatas rear springs are too wide for our body mounts, they won't fit up in there! It's only about a quarter inch too wide. Front springs will work on the front! I know a guy on the aspire site stuck some 90-98 springs under his aspire and didn't report any issues, other than a stiffer ride!
      Well that helps. So maybe 99-00 for the front and 90-98 for the rear?
      I'm really Just looking to stiffen the rear because I'm tired of sagging when I'm hauling stuff

-James
      Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

All four springs for 90-98 should work, so just order a set for the 90-98 unless you only want the rears! I'm .pretty sure the miatas springs are shorter, so you'll be lowering the car a lot! I welded a couple top hats together to.make a spacer, which made my rear struts a homebrew coilover setup with stock parts.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
          All four springs for 90-98 should work, so just order a set for the 90-98 unless you only want the rears! I'm .pretty sure the miatas springs are shorter, so you'll be lowering the car a lot! I welded a couple top hats together to.make a spacer, which made my rear struts a homebrew coilover setup with stock parts.
          Do you know what the drop would be?
          As far as springs for the miata are they stiffer than stock?

-James

Comment

Almost any other car struts that fit onto a Festy will be stiffer! Ha, our cars are light, and have weak springs from the get go, imo.
            Aspire struts fit really well and are way stiffer than Festys. They will raise the car about 1 1/2 inches.
            I have Aspires and the ride is quite nice, absorbs bumps well. Got 'em off a 97 Aspire with springs at JY for $15 each, hehehe!
            Last edited by drddan; 06-21-2013, 03:33 PM.
            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Originally posted by drddan View Post
              Almost any other car struts that fit onto a Festy will be stiffer! Ha, our cars are light, and have weak springs from the get go, imo.
              Aspire struts fit really well and are way stiffer than Festys. They will raise the car about 1 1/2 inches.
              I have Aspires and the ride is quite nice, absorbs bumps well. Got 'em off a 97 Aspire with springs at JY for $15 each, hehehe!
              If I got aspire struts on miata springs would that negate the height increase?

-James

Comment

Working...
              X