No announcement yet.

b6 and suspension swap confirmation ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6 and suspension swap confirmation ???

So, let me make sure I got this correct before I start stockpiling parts.

85-89 Tracer B6, ecm, maf, booster line. Anything else? I found a donor

'00-'02 Rio knuckles and struts w/ 1.5 coils cut for stock height
    Festiva lca's
    EGT outer t/r ends
    Aspire rear end w/ cut aspire springs for stock height. Not sure how much to cut?
    Keep stock front sway bar

Ride will be firmer than stock but same ride height. Also stronger breaks. I don't drive fast or hard just wanna know I can. That's what I'm looking for.
    -Bryant

Can anyone confirm the above info? Or let me know If I have something wrong? Over the years of hanging out with my Festivas and Festiva guys along with the "search option" (which is confusing because there is sooo much conflicting info) I think I am close. Starting the stockpiling next Friday with the guys!!!!!
    -Bryant

Comment

not sure about the booster line... the 1G efi B6 is aweful close to the B3. save the PS and AC brackets if it has those. grab the dizzy if it doesn't come with the engine.

all else looks about right.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

sounds like a recipe for creating a monster!

I can't remember what my brake booster was made from but yea you want to grab the b6 one just in case.

If it was me, I'd probably start with stock front springs on the rear. You'll already be at 110# with them stock, and that rate will only go up as you chop coils. Can't tell you how many coils to cut for the ride height but somewhere between 115-135 would be perfect spring rate for the rear of a festy.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
          sounds like a recipe for creating a monster!

I can't remember what my brake booster was made from but yea you want to grab the b6 one just in case.

If it was me, I'd probably start with stock front springs on the rear. You'll already be at 110# with them stock, and that rate will only go up as you chop coils. Can't tell you how many coils to cut for the ride height but somewhere between 115-135 would be perfect spring rate for the rear of a festy.
          I hear a protege one will do quite nicely as it's a little skinnier and doesn't present issues with the cylinder hitting the DOHC head.. i believe it was the 92-96 series booster is nice n skinny.. i would also recommend the cylinder off the same booster as i believe it's shorter than the festiva.. correct me if i'm wrong.
          Last edited by jawbraeka; 06-26-2013, 06:49 PM.
          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km
          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

^ he was just asking about the vacuum line with the check valve in it. I meant *brake booster line* in that post but I didn't write it in there. b6=sohc engine
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 06-26-2013, 09:17 PM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

SWEEEEET !!! I love you guys. lol

Since this is going to be a stockpiling effort, it will all be put in in one weekend or a few days when it is all gathered. Thinking a modded engine as well. It would be nice to see 110 hp out of fit. Money really doesn't matter so much as I'm in no hurry to get 'er done.
              -Bryant

Comment

Working...
              X