Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right Rear Brake Adjuster source and alternative replacement....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Rear Brake Adjuster source and alternative replacement....

Hello, I have low brake pedal and my friend looked over the car and stated the right rear brake adjuster is worn out and needs replacement. He was unable to locate. Does anyone know of a source for replacement? Thanks, Al from Alsip, IL

Adjusters can only be sourced from junkyards or people selling parts (unless you can luck onto a NOS part).

One thing I sometimes do in 'yards is to gut Festiva and Aspire rear drums for the adjusters and other little parts. Wheel cylinders, spring kits and shoes can still be bought new though.

Another place to try would be Fourgreen, after consulting with Bravekosak's foreign diagrams.

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Lots of us have spares kicking around but don't expect them to be free if it takes an hour or two to be scavenged off derelict brake assemblies or unearthed from under a mountain of other parts!

Comment

Look at this diagram and tell us what number the part is.

Comment

Item# 18 MDX0126840 OPER.,SUB ASSY, RH 20000131 1
          Last edited by FordFestiva; 07-11-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

in the U S, GREEN SALES has a left adjuster. part# E8BZ2N511C. a place called UsdInc (602-253-7111) has the right one. part # E8BZ2N512C

Comment

I may have one but i got to dig. I dont think the adjuster is your problem though. The adjuster compensates for pad wear. Do you have any leaks? Is there any vaccum leaks from the brake booster?

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                Lots of us have spares kicking around but don't expect them to be free if it takes an hour or two to be scavenged off derelict brake assemblies or unearthed from under a mountain of other parts!

You got to move out of the rust belt, it takes me about 5 minutes to get one off. Lol
                91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                  I may have one but i got to dig. I dont think the adjuster is your problem though. The adjuster compensates for pad wear. Do you have any leaks? Is there any vaccum leaks from the brake booster?
                  i'm no pro mechanic and your suggestions are valid points to check out but i can see if the eccentric cam on the adjuster was busted or missing then the shoe return springs would pull the shoes away from the drum until the tab on the shoe that normally contacted the cam would bottomed out. it might feel like a leak or spongy when the MC is pushing that much more fluid to that wheel cylinder to close the increased gap between the shoes and drum.

Comment

Also air in the lines or warn out brake hoses will give the sponge.

Comment

Working...
                    X