15x6.5 do I want +40 or +38?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15x6.5 do I want +40 or +38?

Which offset is the best way to go on a stock Festiva suspension?

the rear will require a 38 or better yet 35mm offset for that rim width.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Mine are 15x6.5 +38 195/45-15 and the tires are about 3/16" maybe a little less away from rear beam (NEVER rubs here) and far enough away from the shock for any problems. On my silver car they NEVER rubbed the fender but on my white car they rub on hard dips in the road. I ordered some 175/50's so hopefully they will be good now. I can turn stop to stop without rubbing.
      -Bryant

Comment

Sounds good. I'm planning on running 165/55's. Should be alright at +38 then. Thanks.

Comment

Mine are 14x6" on stock suspension with a 35 mm offset. However, I think the diameter of wheel with tire will be super tight on the stock perch and spring without a spacer in there.
          I'm running 165/45/r14 rubber on those 14x6s and they are a perfect fit on stock with no mods or spacers.
          I also recommend if you havent already, doing the lug stud conversion as well. It helps with wheel balance and what not. But it also allows for easier tire mounting if you ever need to swap one out instead of being on the side of the road in the rain and trying to fit the screw ins on with no guide.

I think this thread was older but I felt obliged to throw in my 2¢

-James
          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Derrick, just make sure you get light weight 15" wheels if you intend to run a totally stock Festiva suspension. I personnaly would not put 15"s on a totally stock suspension Festiva. I don't feel that the brakes can handle the extra weight. I'm sure others will disagree but that is their right. I bought my Festiva new and after 20+ yrs my only complaint was the lack of braking power. Now 2 of mine has the Aspire brake swap and I have 15" wheels (195-50-15's) on one of them and light weight 14" with 185-60-14's on the one I drive dailey. Just a thought I wanted to throw this in the pot. I would hate for you to get into a wreck due to the brakes not having enough stopping power for the wheels/tire combo.
            Jerry
            Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
            90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
            92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
            93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Working...
            X