rear sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear sway bar

just wondering if someone has come up with a solution for adding a rear sway bar to the festy?

Yes, run a 5/8" threaded rod thru the holes in your Festy rear trailing arm & bolt it in. See thread "Sway bar-Front and Rear" posted by leapin on 8-27-2009, it will tell you all about it. I did it as did several others on here. It works.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

FF.com member, Russian race team, made a removable anti-sway bar and we used the same design and tested it on the track. Our tests showed the extra stiffness in the rear was counter productive. The rear tires would lose grip faster in corners with the bar than without. If you want the better handling in the rear lower the back by cutting or changing out the springs. I do not recommend the rear anti-sway bar. Make one for the front across the struts if you have to have an anti-sway bar, my two cents.
      If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every job looks like a nail.

Comment

Its not extream, all your doing is stiffing the rear trailing arm which is a torshion bar. The Aspire rear alredy has this as a preminant part. Read the post, & make up your own mind. Also search "threaded rod".
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I did not use the threaded rod i used a stiffer design, and I had lowered the car. I believe that it was just too stiff. I agree that a little stiffer is better across the rear trailing arm, just don't go crazy because it has to give a little.
          If the only tool you have is a hammer, then every job looks like a nail.

Comment

Personally I don't think there is an quick substitute for switching to an Aspire trailing arm. As to whether the built-in torsion bar on them is of any use is a moot point (I can't see that piece of bar steel doing a heck of a lot compared to the effect of a front sway bar) but achieving 4 x 100 wheel pattern, larger brakes and overall wider stance (without using spacers) is a wonderful thing. Advancedynamix has gotten around this by re-drilling Festy drums to make for a 4 x 100 pattern but this would be finicky work for us ordinary stiffs and I don't recall him even being a fan of add-on torsion bars to trailing arms.

Comment

The shell I bought has an aspire rear beam thats been completely boxed in.... I can only imagine how that thing would make the car handle -___-
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Yea im switching to rio front suspension and aspire rear.already have the rio stuff just gotta get aspire rear.so may leave it alone until i just swap it.

Comment

Also i bet that boxed beam rides like shot

Comment

Working...
                  X