No announcement yet.

Need ideas for control arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally dont plan on running a sway bar. I may add some type of traction bar brace but we will see if its necessary or not.

Comment

I just went ahead and welded it. Its using all factory mounting points. The brackets for the rod end are bolted to the sway bar mounting bracket holes. Just going to run it with no sway bar. Its more of a drag car that wont be pushed hard in the corners anyways.

At full droop

Full compression

Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

ok, not as bad as i thought it would be. so far so good!!!!
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Once I fix my captured nuts in the frame rail I'll take the knuckle off and see if it'll swing through the travel range without binding.

New bracket and old sway bar bracket.

Finished the other side.

Way too many cars

Comment

Looks nice keep the good work up.but if i may ask y do u want different control arms

Comment

Instead of a normal control arm that are mounted to the frame in two points (like the bf/bg ones posted earlier in this thread). Festivas and aspires are only mounted in one place and use the sway bar to prevent front to back movement. The sway bar connects to the control arm using a big rubber bushing to allow the control arm to move up and down. The problem is when you start trying to launch a swapped festy with double or triple hp than stock that rubber bushing allows the control arm to move front to back and creates wheel hop. Wheel hop means less traction and the shock it causes kills transmissions.

Way too many cars

Comment

o interesting info currently I make prolly 55hp in my wore out festy and 75 in my b6 car so I dont know anything about those problems yet

Comment

How is the new lca working out, looking to do something like this on mine.

Comment

What are those ball-joints and bushings off of, or where do you get them?

Comment

Working...
                    X