Input sought on Performance Brake Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input sought on Performance Brake Pads

ya I could spend an hour searching the archives but the info found might be out of date and many more experiences and opinions might be out there that haven't been voiced yet. i'm looking to stock up on a few sets of performance brake pads for the future Aspire swap before they become totally obsolete. anybody have impressions for Hawk, Stoptech, or the various colored EBC pads. or any other quality brands? not for track use, just confident street jukin'

I've always been satisfied with ceramic pads of all brands.

They have a higher temperature they can withstand.

Meaning harder braking before disintegration.

Meaning better braking than conventional pads.

I noticed with semi mettalic pads they would eat through my rotors in no time.

But with ceramics they would brake harder and lasts longer without destroying my rotors.

Just my .02 cents.
    Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

I use performance friction pads. They work best when warmed up, but aren't horrible cold. They are extremely durable and don't seem to destroy my rotors too much. I have been extra extremely hard on these pads with great results.
      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Hawk HPS pads are not bad, I like better than ceramic as they are gentle on rotors. I think you need to get pads for the 323 calipers.

Comment

Working...
        X