Few Rio brakes question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few Rio brakes question.

'Kay. Been looking for a full front Rio swap all week - going to PaP tomorrow as they have a 2001; hope it still has all the good parts on it. Every yard I've called has been missing a knuckle or wanting $100 a side. Grr. Or in the case of one, said they had everything I needed, come on up (for $51/side!). Asked if they'd look at it (and check the top strut mounts), ended up being an '03. Sigh. I don't want to mess with the unknown..

How many Rio coils do I need to cut for about a 1" lift over stock? I will be moving the stock front springs to the rear (giving about a 1" lift), so I'll be doing the same lift up front.

Ceramic pads? Normal rotors, or performance? When this is done, it'll be used for towing mostly, upwards to 1500lbs (if it can handle it).

If we move (more a matter of when), the complete cost of swap + tow hitch + Harbor Freight 8ft trailer will be less than 2 days' price of renting a U-Haul. Cracks me up!

Thanks a bunch!

-Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

I didn't like the front springs on rear. I put aspire rears on festy rear and have front rio's cut 1.5 coilso I think if u leave that alone u have what u want

Comment

100 dollars a side is ridiculous. I picked up aspire knuckles(minus pads and rorors for50
      91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
      06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
      95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

Working...
      X