Possible Suspension Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Suspension Lift

I have read through a lot of posts and did a lot of searching but not really any definitive answers yet.

I want to gain some ground clearance for this up coming winter and want to lift the car.

I know I can put different wheels & tires on that will help, but what is the deal with the Aspire springs? I see some people are cutting them down. Why, for a lowering or performance reason? I am to the point of fabbing up some brackets to space the struts 3 inches but if by replacing the springs with Aspires will do, I will do this mod first.

Do the springs from Aspires offer more compression psi? I am definitely interested in having a stiffer suspension for less bottoming out issues.

1990 L model

When I did my Aspire swap I used the stock aspire struts and sprigs I got from the parts car that donated the brakes and axle. The spring perch on the rear struts is located slightly higher than the Festiva and the springs raised my car by about an inch. I'm not positive if the spring rate is higher or not but it would make sense since the Aspire is a heavier car to begin with.
    Paul
    91GL
    Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

Aspire springs and struts will raise the car about 2".

Comment

Working...
      X