new wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new wheels

Found nice set of 13" wheels on CL for 80$, dude wanted space in garage, perfect shape. Never curbed, came off his old race car so they only saw the track, chrome 6 spoke moderns. Im about to go swap my hubs, my wheel bearings are bad, then ill get my new rims on. Super stoked.
    Yellow 91 festiva GL 5speed
    Red 88festiva L 4spd
    Blue 91festiva L 5spd (bad tranny, sloppy suspension)

So, rims i got arr 4x100 and of course Festiva is 4x113.4. Is there anyway to swap to the 4x100 pattern? Just swapping to apsire rotors and drums? I like these rims a lot and i want to keep them. I made the excited mistake of buying tires too so now ive got a couple hundred into these wheels. Any ideas? Thanks guys, been trading threads, maybe i missed what im looking for.
    Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

You'll need to do an aspire swap. I think you can also drill the 4x100 pattern, but then that would be more work than necessary. PM Bobbyspider on here and see if he still has an aspire swap lying around, I know he did for awhile.

Comment

I thought so, im not good at navigating FF.com having a hard time finding how to PM him. I imagone the swap isnt to difficult, lots of stuff on here about it. Cost wise whats a average?
        Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

Both my swaps were about $200.00 each from the junk yard (front and rear components). I also checked and replaced any needed bearings, pads, etc before I installed them, just for insurance. You might not need to on yours.
          Last edited by Team Lightning; 11-12-2013, 01:43 AM.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Ok thanks, 200 before holidays not possible for me, i was looking into swap already and was thinking that much. Wheels are on CL so maybe resale and try again. I dont yet. I want to swap real bad. Is it all just brake components or do you need rear beam and steering knuckles?
            Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

That was the knuckles, beam and front sway bar. It's also possible that's its cheaper in your area to get the parts.
              Make sure you get the complete rear beam including the parking brake cable. You could also use Rio knuckles on the front instead of Aspire.
              Last edited by Team Lightning; 11-12-2013, 01:53 AM.
              Jerry
              Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
              90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
              92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
              93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

you can also get adaptor plates to go from 4x100 to 4x114.3 on ebay
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Yeah i thought about that but im not sure it woukd work in my case, change the offset substantialy is my thought. . . I need to do the aspire swap for best results. I need a shopping list ig what to get, im going buy half new and other stuff jy
                  Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

Working...
                  X