Time to get serious!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to get serious!!

So this is my first post after scouring this page months ago but nw its time i start putting some love in my fastiva. Its 100% stock and i dont mind that but i feel it needs to be a little lower and much stiffer suspension.

I have heard of this aspire suspension+rotors+brakes swap but i havnt been able to pick up any great how to's about it. That seems to be good because i would also like to add some nice wheels. But will i be able to have more or less versatility with coilovers and lower springs and whatnot?

Anyways i know there is a bunch of threads on this but i seem to be unable to find the information i need. Please help too much body roll!

PS a pic of my 92 festy IMG_0145[1].jpg
    Stock Festy '92, big plans no money :thumbs_up:

Here is a thread on the Aspire swap.

Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Jerry, if you go with the mazda 2 (the Demio/mazda 121 / mazda 2 are related to the japanese Festiva miniwagon which by the way are all D series chassis's) rear axle, this will allow for factory coilover setups..

DE and DY i'm not too certain about (The mazda 2 axle i was talking about), but looking over photos and the length and mounts look good as they seem to be the same length across the car and mounting brackets seem identical to the aspire as well.. i have the aspire and i would dare say that mazda 121/aspire are identical..

i know for a fact that rear drumbrakes are identical sizing and diameter and same stud pattern (4x100) so aim for aspire if 121/2 isn't available.. in regards to suspension, the rear suspension will be suitable from Demio/121/aspire series (DW based axle) should be the same as DE and DY based axles for the suspension mounts in regards the rear loop (i don't know what it's called, the loop where the bolt goes in to fasten it to the axle).

looks like these will fit (with one mod that i can see for the aspire front steering knuckles) http://www.tunershop.com/Suspensions..._h24_m162.html , (skip to 00:47) providing that you're still using the aspire calipers.. if not, these even might allow for a new upgrade for your car too and possibly bigger front disc brakes.

not sure if these have a computer based setup whereby adjusting your damper and even allowing for some "On-the-Fly" adjustment setups like i've seen with other coilover setups.. (tein and cusco to name two).

I wish you all the best on your search for the "perfect setup"
      Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
      Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
      Highway - 7.32L/100km
      City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Looks great. White and black look so good on a Festiva.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Best forum out thanks heaps guys looks like i will be posting a lot more pics questions and hopefully in time some help to some fellow modders!!
          Stock Festy '92, big plans no money :thumbs_up:

Comment

Working...
          X