Mazda 121 suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 121 suspension

Hello I've been looking for lowering springs for my Festy and I know I could just cut the coils but I'd rather not so I can bring it back to stock height if need be. But no one is USA sells springs for this car :/ so I've been looking at lowering springs for a Mazda 121 in Europe which I'm told is the same exact car as the festiva. So have any of you guys bought and used 121 euro parts and are they exact fit or minor mods needed? Thanks!!

Would these rims fit the festiva? It has the specs in the description.

Comment

The offset most run is 38--45 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jhli View Post
        The offset most run is 38--45 I think.
        But wouldn't the offset need to change as you change the width?

Comment

The wheels you linked to are +15mm offset and six inches wide, which means they'll stick out a bit and may be hard to fit. To stay under the fenders, especially the rear, an offset of around 45mm would be needed, and then you'd have to watch the rear strut perch, especially with Festiva spec struts. Aspire spec struts would provide a bit more room (about 1/2" to 3/4") on the inside.

Those wheels would be cool looking, but they're old and relatively expensive. You can do a lot better with later wheels in terms of safety, cost and fitment. For example, I'd look for some of the original RX/7 13" wheels in our stock bolt pattern. I saw a Festiva at a Madness meet with them once.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

you can get SPAX lowering springs for the early 121 from Larkspeed in the UK. they will ship. you can get heavier H&R springs for 1995+ kia pride from german sellers. there's still alot of urethane bushings from white line, nothalane, etc. available.

Comment

Working...
            X