Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cross drilled and sloted disc brakes. What do you think??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cross drilled and sloted disc brakes. What do you think??

hey guys, i was thinking about purchasing these, i was wondering if any of you guys have a set and is it worth buying, i mean are these any good compared to those that FMS sells???

vincefestiva

A few things.

If your looking for better braking response and stopping power, your much better off going with the aspire brake swap, which really doesn't cost that much if you have a local salvage yard where you can get the parts.

Drill and slotted rotors I read an article I believe was in Sports Compact Car, said that after tested a rotor that is BOTh slotted and drilled is actually worse than a regular rotor. And A rotor that is EITHER slotted OR drilled is only slightly better than the regular rotor. The idea behind the holes and slots is to allow the pad to make better contact to the rotor without the pressure of gasses getting between them. But when the rotor is drilled and slotted they have a tendency to fracture easier.

Logan

Comment

plus when your rotor is not vented its kind of silly for the drills. The slotted will help though. If your looking for a quick small upgrade then go for it, they are only 60$ so its not a big loss. if you really want to upgrade your brakes then go with the aspire brake swap or some thing really crazy. :idea:
      Ian Carr
      88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
      99' S70 T5M- faster DD
      86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

funny,
        I SWEAR I POSTED THIS SOMEWHERE BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah:

Comment

Was that ever confirmed to fit the aspire?
          It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

My rim popped off my festiva today, and my slotted/drilled/vented rotor took it actually quite well. No fracture or damage, and it was on just the rotor lol. I have confidence in them.
            performance > cosmetics

Comment

You got stud instead of bolts? or you didn't tighten them.
              It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
              X