need 323 strut mount measurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need 323 strut mount measurement

does anyone have or know the center to center measurement between the front strut top mount studs on a late 80s 323 or mercury tracer? there was a strut adjustment motor set up available on some of the overseas 323 models and a parts source i use shows the motor cap [34-081] available for about $10. if the stud spacing is the same as the festiva i thought these might be a quick mod to clean up the engine compartment a little.

If nobody gets to it first, I have these sitting around from my 88 GT. The US GTs had the adjustables too.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Oh, those caps are soft rubber too, so I would almost bet they will fit without even checking.
      Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
      91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

ya but if the diffeence is substantial the rubber cap can end up looking like some honda-pep-boyz mickey mouse upchuck. if you have the caps sketchman then the C to C hole dimension is just as good.

Comment

I dunno about a set of stock mounts but I tried to put a set of cusco camber plates from a bf in mine. They wont fit. The strut mounts for a bf are a larger diameter than a festiva. The stud spacing is just a few mm off and will fit with some filing. Heres my post about it. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...l=1#post183471
          Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

ok thanks. a few mm should be workable but its kinda hard to drill soft rubber if that's what these caps are and there's enough material around the mounting lug. they're probably no longer available anyway but i'm making the inquiry and see.

Comment

F3BZ wrote, "...ts kinda hard to drill soft rubber..."

I'd try Exacto-knifing it. Or maybe a good sharp curved wood chisel or gouger from a wood carving set.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

its all academic now. the supplier says they're no longer available. but he does have 121 tailight to body gaskets. coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                X