Coilovers and Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilovers and Tires

So I put new front struts on the festiva about 2000 miles ago and now the back struts are busted. (rides poorly lol). Now that I have gain more confidence in what I can do I decided to make my own coilovers. I order my coilover kit with aluminum tophats. What I would like to know is about tire and some of yall experience. I have a set of 14x5.5 rims with 38mm offset. I don't have tires yet. I am going to cut the perch down to allow me to clear a bigger tire. What size tires have you guys done with this type setup? Or can someone give me a safe size to buy that will clear. I believe (IIRC) 165 50 14 will work with stock struts. Now that the perch is cut how much bigger can I safely go. I just don't want to waste money.
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

search advancedynamix post, hes got it all!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

ok will do thanks
      1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
      1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
      2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
      2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
      1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

Comment

Working...
      X