15 in wheel question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 in wheel question.

So once I get this thing running I need new tires. The cheapest 12 in tires around here I can find are about 250 mounted but they have to be ordered. I found a set of 15in honda prelude wheels with the right pattern on cl for 50 bucks and a set of 185/60s uses with good tread for 100. Does anyone know if they would fit with the tires I found without having to change anything?

Prelude wheels are likely 4x100 whereas Festivas are 4x114.3. And generally, I don't think you can fit more than a 13" wheel without spacers or rear strut modifications.
    -Donny
    -1992 Festiva GL
    B6D/E-series.
    -1991 GL
    BP/Broken E-Series. Working on G transmission.

-2011 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

The prelude wheels from the 92 has the right lug pattern. A tire calculator says they would be 24 total inches. I think stock 12s with 165/70s is about 21-22.

Comment

185/60 might be too tall. I have 15's with 195/50s and I've got spacers in the back.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

The prelude 4 lug 15" wheels were all 4x114.3 as were the accord 4 lug 15" wheels. Those will fit with 165/45/15 tires (federal makes a nice tire in that size) with no modifications, and your Speedo will be very accurate and gas mileage will not change noticeably the brakes and steering will feel dramatically better than with the 12" tires, but the ride will be noticeably stiffer.
          Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-20-2014, 07:23 PM.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
          X