Rio srut mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio srut mounts

For you guys that have the Rio strut mounts. I'm searching for the part numbers for the mounts. I'm going to order them before I do my aspire swap on the front. I have searched on here and online. I have found different parts numbers and just want to find out what is tried and true so I can order them. Thanks in advance

Sent from Kingston Ga from my hillbilly handheld
    90 festy with 92 FI motor. Digital camo paint. BHAF. short throw. currently 47 MPGs

I ordered the ones for a 2001 Rio for my car.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Early Rio front strut mounts should do. Order model year 2001 to be safe. They changed to the three bolt mounts around 7/'02 I think. Check on Rockauto or another parts log to be sure.

Also remember that Festiva and Aspire struts won't perfectly mate up with the hole in the Rio strut mounts. You could fab an adapter like some have done but IMO it's better to just match the right parts.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

the KIA #s for the RIO strut mounts are 0K30A34390C. these are the 2 stud ones good up to 2002. shown available from 4G at about $30. the metal (cup) spring seat that goes under the strut mount is 0K30A34340. this fits all RIO up to 2005.

Comment

F3bz

I am getting ready to order parts from Rock Auto put 2001 RIO struts & springs on my car. Your post raises a question for me. I was going to order

KYB 333502 & 333503 gr2/xlg Struts
          KYB SB102 universal strut boots
          KYB SM5454 strut mount
          MOOG Part # 81236 Constant rate springs

Do I also need to find the metal (cup) spring seat that you refer to in this post? I assumed it was with the strut mount.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by ratorrey View Post
            F3bz

I am getting ready to order parts from Rock Auto put 2001 RIO struts & springs on my car. Your post raises a question for me. I was going to order

KYB 333502 & 333503 gr2/xlg Struts
            KYB SB102 universal strut boots
            KYB SM5454 strut mount
            MOOG Part # 81236 Constant rate springs

Do I also need to find the metal (cup) spring seat that you refer to in this post? I assumed it was with the strut mount.

Richard
            The Rio Struts require the Rio spring seat. You are correct,but it does not come with the Upper Mount.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Is there anything else I missed? Do they have rubber isolators also?

Richard

Comment

the rubber ring is MD00134015A. the bumper stop (#11) is KK37B34111. the dust boot (#13) is 0K30A340A5. this stuff might be available from kia dealers or 4G.

Comment

Working...
                X