Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found some Drag DR-34 wheels on C/L, 15x7 4x100/4x114 40BS for $350....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found some Drag DR-34 wheels on C/L, 15x7 4x100/4x114 40BS for $350....

But I'm thinking I'd offer $300, I can get them at Discount Tire for $100 each.

He also has a Festiva he's trying to sell......

'91 White L and a black (he says brown?) carby with brown interior.
    Last edited by Larry Hampton; 03-11-2014, 11:38 AM.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Poor parts car. Looks good enough to be a dd or clean build platform! Someone snag it now@$@!#$

It's technically 'Charcoal Gray', but oddly enough some people call it brown (like 1 in 5).. I dunno if they have something wrong with their vision or what lol.
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

I'm trying to swing a deal with him to fix the white car in exchange for the 'brown' car and extra parts.

I'd pass the parts onto here and possibly the car to you Midwesterners as a clean shell provided I can get the title.

I do need a spare 5-speed though.

Or if someone is interested in the package deal, I could store it in exchange for some parts.
      Last edited by Larry Hampton; 03-11-2014, 12:04 PM.
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

let me know how this turns out.
        If you are offering storage I might try to buy the whole lot off him. Ill give you the parts car and the engines in exchange for storage......and perhaps some swap work....?
        Fast....Women are fast
        Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

He wouldn't deal with me. I thought my cousin was going to buy my white car, but for right now.....???? If he had, I'd have bought this lot.

What kind of swapping are you talking about? On his white car? I'm interested.....

I'm waiting for him to get back to me on the wheels, I'm afraid to install them would need an Aspire rear strut swap at least. Good thing they're dual pattern.
          Last edited by Larry Hampton; 03-12-2014, 02:38 PM.
          2005 Accord - wife's DD
          2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Larry from what I've heard @ Drag wheels is to stay awy because they have cracking issue's. Cant believe everything you hear on the internet.But that was enough to keep me from buying them a couple of years ago. Someone else can "Chime In". If they concur or disagree-
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I've had one set of Drags on 3 different cars now. All heavier than a Festiva. No issues at all. I even ran one on a flat tire for a bit, had to burn some of the tire off(my inexperienced stupidity there), and so melted it a bit. All 4 are still working fine today.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

there is some...SOME truth to the drag wheel thing. they had a bad run of wheels. but there were also a bad run of other wheels so I guess its kinda mute point. I can dig up the thread if you want, but there is a lot of bickering to sort through about "why did you not buy uber expensive flashy wheels"

Wait Larry what festiva are you selling? Pm me details.
                Yeah, his white festiva. Was gonna do a BP swap, capri swap, coilovers..and msd ignition.
                so I would not really need any of the spare parts....
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

My white one, but if he's not buying it, I'm not yet ready to sell, it has a couple small issues tbat popped up while I drove it up there that I want to take care of first, plus I got a white drivers door and front fender to swap out the crunched ones that are one it, unfortunately someone beat me to the door when it came to the window regulator and glass so I'll need to reload the new door. There's also an issue with the right front bearing being noisy, it has no play so it might be something else but I need to get it back home to look at it. I've never done a swap although I'm kicking around a BPrT/cable G, Rio/Aspire on the black car. If I can't convince myself not to import Maxtiva, the price is right but I have no idea how much it would cost to legally get it into the US or if I could find enough people on here to relay it south for me on their dime (for the right to get seat time, just as long as it didn't take the long way to Oklahoma down the whole east coast, thru southern Florida, north shore of the Gulf the thru southwest Texas up to here.)
                  2005 Accord - wife's DD
                  2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                  X