No announcement yet.

Simple and Cheap - lowering a 93 Festy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple and Cheap - lowering a 93 Festy?

Just picked up my first festiva! 93 all stock and the suspension has seen better days. I will be replacing all springs and struts/shocks soon and I would like to lower the car modestly. There seems to be a lack of aftermarket lowering springs so I will be purchasing OEM springs and cutting them ( I know it's hit or miss). I was wondering if any of you could give me a simple breakdown of what I should shop for. Please keep it simple, as I am a simple man lol.

OEM struts for festiva with Aspire springs or Festiva springs?
    Different setups/combos for front and back?
    The least amount of fabrication would be appreciated.
    Keep in mind I currently have the 12 inch wheels.
    You can't polish a turd but sure as hell can roll it in glitter.

Welcome! Your almost my neighbor...

There's plenty of info around here on suspensions, dont buy stock if your getting all new everything, check out advancedynamics thread and skeeterskeepers threads on DIY coilovers.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Thanks man I appreciate!! I'll keep on reading through until I find something that fits my budget/skill level. Got plenty of time cause I've got a lot of repairs to do before I dive into the suspension. The thing is currently a poopbox. Dang we are neighbors ?! Gotta love southeastern ohio!
      Last edited by Pu241; 07-09-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Yea your probably 45 minutes from me, you on the albany side of athens?
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Yeah actually I technically live in New Marshfield.

Comment

do yourself a favor and get a raceland or rokkor coilover kit from the start and do it rite 380 everything included not just springs but shock absorbers and all. completely adjustable
            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Raceland kits seem rad and the price is good. All listed by make and model on the website though. Which ones? MK1 golf, Neon,Miata?

Comment

ZOOM, I don't see you signed up for Ohiostiva, maybe you and RallyRat can convoy.
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Doubt I'll make this one boss, I'm already taking off may 5-16 for some schooling so they don't want to let me have any more days off

There's always a chance I can get off early but that's finnicky and I don't want to sign up if i can't say I can do it.
                  Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-10-2014, 02:14 PM.
                  2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Originally posted by RallyRat View Post
                    Raceland kits seem rad and the price is good. All listed by make and model on the website though. Which ones? MK1 golf, Neon,Miata?
                    X2 I contacted them and they dont have anything specific for MK2 Festiva, Aspire or Mazda 121? hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by needragr View Post
                      X2 I contacted them and they dont have anything specific for MK2 Festiva, Aspire or Mazda 121? hmmmmmm
                      Bump ^^

For these prices I could ship to Australia and still be miles ahead.
                      200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
                        do yourself a favor and get a raceland or rokkor coilover kit from the start and do it rite 380 everything included not just springs but shock absorbers and all. completely adjustable
                        Bobby, do you have a link or part number to share? Thanks in advance
                        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Working...
                        X