Rio front struts with Festy rear springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio front struts with Festy rear springs

Has anyone done this? I know that the Festy rear springs are ~20 lbs weaker than the Festy front springs. The Rio KYBs are at least as stiff in valving as the Festy KYBs. I was wondering if this is worth experimenting with or is it not worth trying. It should make the front end a little lower, and I'm hoping that the heavier valving will compensate, sort of, for the weaker springing.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Very possible, and worth a try if you have the parts laying around. Your going to want shorter rear shocks though, to control the body roll. I'd try some rear shocks from a mk1 VW, 92 cabriolet is a good car to search for. I'm currently using the kyb gas adjusts on my DD and love them. Much better valving and nearly 3" shorter than stock rear shocks. They control the body roll without sacrificing comfort like heavy sway bars do. Soft spring rates and long front shocks work well on FWD cars because it allows the front wheels to stay in contact with the driving surface during bumpy conditions and hard cornering. A compliant chassis is easier to drive at all speeds.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      Very possible, and worth a try if you have the parts laying around. Your going to want shorter rear shocks though, to control the body roll. I'd try some rear shocks from a mk1 VW, 92 cabriolet is a good car to search for. I'm currently using the kyb gas adjusts on my DD and love them. Much better valving and nearly 3" shorter than stock rear shocks. They control the body roll without sacrificing comfort like heavy sway bars do. Soft spring rates and long front shocks work well on FWD cars because it allows the front wheels to stay in contact with the driving surface during bumpy conditions and hard cornering. A compliant chassis is easier to drive at all speeds.
      Thanks Charlie, I do have the parts laying around. One set of Festy fronts, one set of rears, one set of Rio fronts, one set of Aspire fronts. Plus brand new Rio front KYBs. I was thinking the same as what you wrote above (in bold italics).
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
      X