Mk2 VW 2 Way adjustable coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk2 VW 2 Way adjustable coilovers

I hate to even talk about it but I want to do something nice with my suspension since it all needs a redo to get rid of my lift. I have the money in the bank and my paypal card is burning a hole in my pocket. I had it all planned out how I wanted to do it but then I came across these coilovers on ebay..

Contents of Damper Kit: · Adjustable Shock Absorber X 4 · Bumper Rubber X 4 · Main Spring X 4 · Hook Spanner (Wrench) X 2 · Helper Springs X 4 · Dust Cover X 4 · Lower Spring Seat · Seat Lock Fits: VW GOLF 2 "MK2" all models from (1983-1992) excluding Syncro.

It says '2 way adjustable' and I know they are the wider rear struts, but they will work. I only had about 1/4" interference with 195/60/14's in the rear so going from a 4 1/4" wide spring to a 3" wide spring should be just right.

Are these worth buying? I can't tell if they have gas inserts or if they're a solid strut? Nitrofarm and skeeter both say the rears are too short, charlie said his are too tall but I dont think I'll be going that low anyway.

Ive never heard of 'german racing parts' so I dont know who actually makes these struts or what the dampening is like. would you take a gamble on these or do you have a better idea?
    Last edited by zoom zoom; 04-18-2014, 06:05 PM.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Working...
X