Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone running the el-cheap-o ebay coilovers on a festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone running the el-cheap-o ebay coilovers on a festiva?

just wondering if anyone is running the cheap-o ebay coilovers on there festiva and how they are holding up, (or not) and how harsh a ride it is,

Im thinking of going kyb gr-2 all way around and then buying a set of the cheap-o coilover sleeve kits, then buying the right rate springs for them..

I wish they would just sell the cheap sleeve kits without the springs or a choice of rates...

if your going to go around buying cheap sleeves then buying expensive springs to fix the rate problem, why they heck dont you just buy the real lowering springs.

And yes I have the civic cheap coilovers on pimptiva, I have it set only like 1 inch drop, but last time I checked they where holding up fine, depends if you like having a jackhammer between your legs, and how ruff your roads are.

I like mine other than one part of the 13 miles I travel each way to work, just a issue with the road. I suggest getting the lowering springs, I only got these for a temperary till winter.

Logan

Comment

Ive got on my fester, and up until the point the struts went to hell, it cornered like a beast, but it rode like a buckboard....i enjoyed it, but thats me.....
      ...on your death bed, you will retain complete consciousness.....So i got that goin for me...which is nice...

1993 Fester (gettin cruised like WHAT!)
      2006 HD Dyna SuperGlide (thumpin)
      88 Notch Stang (gettin built)

Comment

ebay coilovers

I recently got a set of ractive coilovers for a miata from ebay for 50 bucks.
        mostly i was interested in the coilover adjuster bodies and as you might have guessed its not a bolt on application. so here is the plan.

1: chuck the ractive springs 5.5 inch 450lb fr and 350lb r (free to the first person who send me cash to ship them.

2: order generic 2.5 in ID springs from Summit Racing (QA1 circle track products) in a 9 inch length with 220lb fr and 180lb rear (these are the most civil rates i found on the website) . $160

special note: the also sell a 10 inch progressive 140-250 lb spring i am considering but as they are 65 each instead of 40 i am hesitant.

3: since the coilover top hats are flat i am turning some custom aluminum spacers to mate them to the stock shock mounts and hold the stock shock bearing. (i have a design for camber plates, must find the time).

total spent : $490

$200 gr2 struts (roughly)
        $160 springs and couplers
        $100 high duro front mounts (festiva motorsport)
        $30 rear mounts

i feel the spring rates about double (alittle more in front) will keep me off the bumpstops at a lower height without bouncing me all over the back roads (autocross isn't everyday).

what do you all think?
        Nothing says "triumph of enthusiasm over physics" like a Front Wheel Drive race car.
        - Dennis Grant
        FarNorthRacing.com

Comment

Working...
        X